JDS Labs Element
Jul 3, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #136 of 636
Mine will get delivered on 6,  3 more days. I am so excited. Well i wanted DAC ouput too, but i didn't saw any feature for that on JDs website, i only could choose what type of plug do i need for power :frowning2:. Well i allready have a soundcard for desktop , so is not that a big deal. Thanks for review Llloyd

You can request for a DAC output of you want, through the RAC ports.

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #141 of 636
Jul 5, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #142 of 636

Anyone willing to post a picture of the knob's glow? 

I tried. My phone's camera is not really good enough to capture it but this'll give you an idea with how dark I had to make the room to get a reasonable photo.  The knob is offset from the body with a white LED inside the chassis that provides a backlit glow.  I wasn't able to get a capture of the LED in normal lighting because it's not that obvious.  Additionally the light is not visible while looking straight down at the knob which I don't think many people will be doing.

It conveys the idea nonetheless. Thanks! I like that JDS went with white light. Seems to go well with the black chassis. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #143 of 636
The light is nice and it's a great looking piece of work.

Additionally I never heard the O2 and I know the element uses the odac.  This explans the clean, linear sound that those big fans of the O2 are always talking about.

At first I was unable to get it to work with my Galaxy S5 through USB OTG to the power needs of the odac.  For those that might have this issue I solved the problem by using a powered usb hub as a medium.

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #145 of 636

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to the Hi-Fi world. Why would someone want a DAC output?

so they can use the DAC from the element and send that signal to a separate amplifier or powered speakers.

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #146 of 636
Seems a little strange to get a product like this just to line it through the odac which is seperately available? I guess if you are using it on the go but have a better amp at home.

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #149 of 636
  Seems a little strange to get a product like this just to line it through the odac which is seperately available? I guess if you are using it on the go but have a better amp at home.

Not strange at all, I use ODAC RCA line out to my power amp, I bet a lot users would like to have a complete DAC + headamp + preamp unit, though I plan to use the headphone output to feed to power amp, thus utilize headamp as preamp, hmm...I'm curious how it works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back