JDS Labs Element
Aug 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #241 of 636
  Anybody know how to remove the foot pads? I guess it's where the screw at? I plan to send to somebody to add in some components in order to utilize the big volume knob to control DAC volume passively, is that even possible?

Anything is possible! JDS Labs can perform such a mod, and I suspect we're better suited to do so.

Simpler idea: Why not connect your equipment to the 1/4" output jack? Unity gain (1.0x) will gave the exact function you've described.

You'll need strong fingernails to pry the feet off.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #246 of 636
Has anyone managed to remove the knob? I'm itching to take a better peek at the internals but I'm afraid of causing damage. Any tips?

The knob is permanently adhered to the potentiometer shaft. While disassembly is possible, doing so risks destruction of the potentiometer.

Just a trivial question but do you offer inscription of the pictures we upload on the unit? Like you do on O2+ODAC combo?

Yes, you may upload artwork during checkout. 

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #247 of 636
I had try to use the 1/4 output to RCA, though this considered double amped, after some long listening and verification process, I feel that the sound is harsh and more fatigue compare to directly out from DAC, it din sound right to me, now I've out of idea though, and not plan to mod it. What I actually want is passive preamp without add in more cables, I can of course buy a cheap preamp, but then I need 1 more pairs of RCA, and it's occupy too much space and there are too much interconnects.

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #249 of 636
hmm, more correctly say is passive preamp, there are some budget gears, but then I still prefer a DAC + headamp + preamp all in one unit, is there any reason JDS Labs not put the DAC headamp into passive preamp function, some vendors like Audio GD got such all in one unit with a price tag rougly 325, though it would be good also to have a remote control volume, it's matter as  different music mastering just does not sound the same volume need at constant level

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #253 of 636
Any updates? Still haven't seen a review and the hype seems to be dying down on this.

I'm most curious to hear people's comments on how it compares with the original O2.

I personally wouldn't want to write a review - I'm still too excited about the product! And the only solid state amp I have to compare against it is the Magni 2 - people these days seem to be more enamored with the Magni 2 Uber
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #254 of 636
Im enamored with the Magni 2 Uber lol..problem is a lot of people seem to say its too bright for AKG headphones. Other problem I dont know if that true or just the internet. From what I can gather the element is definitely not bright...

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #255 of 636
Im enamored with the Magni 2 Uber lol..problem is a lot of people seem to say its too bright for AKG headphones. Other problem I dont know if that true or just the internet. From what I can gather the element is definitely not bright...

I would be interested in a comparison of the element to the matrix m stage with AKG phones. The m stage is a fantastic match for the k701q701, I wonder how the element stacks up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back