JDS Labs El Stack II vs Jotunheim 2 with multibit dac
Dec 3, 2021 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alex416

New Head-Fier
Greetings to All from Alberta Canada!
I currently own above mentioned stack and I use DT1770 pro. So far everything is great, however there are two issues:
1. My family members really don't El AMP II input switch where you need to hold button just a tad longer to switch between rca vs single ended. If you do it quickly - amp will turn off....
2. Desire for a more detailed/immersive sound. This stack is already pretty cool, but i was wondering is there something that sounds even more detailed and immersive... Maybe not - dont know.

So my question is will there be perceived sonic upgrades if I switch to JT2 with multibit. or Just JT2 plus my El Dac II.
anyone tried either of those to tell the difference.
By the way - I made a small improvement to avoid dac and amp getting hot by placing noctua fan controlled by a switch from pc.. :) I know its not necessary but now switching on my stack is a process... :)

r52Dkl6.jpg

5Add9Ch.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 3
The stack is doing its job very well measures clean etc. The headphones are studio monitors so find a good EQ profile for them. Try EQ profiles for the DT1990 and go from there. Those headphones (1770pro) are good for ambient and dub was my opinion when I had them, but for immersive gaming weren't quite there. I upgraded to beyer t1 gen 2 and won't ever sell those, love them w/o eq. Generally for immersion I think sony z7m2 are probably a good choice because of the large angled drivers and the original z7 were my favorite all time headphone immersive as it gets music movies gaming you name it. Headphones by far most important factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back