JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC
Oct 6, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #3,406 of 3,417
Hi everybody...!
I know that this is a very old post and there haven't been any messages for quite some time but if somebody could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated...!

I have been using a C5D amplifier with my first ten iPod touch but the latter has been getting so many problems with its 40 pin connection that OI’m giving up home and have been wondering if I could use my amplifier with my old iPhone 5 which runs on iOS 10.3.3

I have purchased the official camera to lightning cable as well as the USB adaptor and connected my amp to the iPhone as per Jim Sexton’s instructions but it doesn’t seem to work as I’m only getting sound from one of the earphones….

Any recommendations or advice as to what may be wrong…?

I may have to end up getting a dedicated music player but that will probably mean saying goodbye to the C5D amp which i adore…!

Many thanks for your time in advance…! :)

From 10.3.3 apple only supports DACs which is apple mfi certified. JDS is not. It will never work again. It's not possible to downgrade ios easily.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #3,409 of 3,417
Many thanks for the response. That’s great to know.
Any idea if it would work if the iPhone 5 was jail broken?!
It's not possible to jailbreak ios 10.3.3 I think. I tried numerous websites. Nothing worked. Almost wasted a week on it before giving up. Try your luck, if you could jailbreak plz let me know. But 10.3.3 was damn stable on my phone though.

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #3,411 of 3,417
Will look into it and may have a go if I find the time this weekend
I've found a couple of useful links through which apparently people were able to jalibreak it successfully.
Thanks for your response and will update you if any luck

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/12/jailbreak-ios-10-3-3-using-h3lix.html

I went to more than 15 links did the process they mentioned in the right order. I think its all fake, as I couldnt do it. I gave up after so much trying. Because people search for this, many sites upload fake videos to get the money out of the ads. Try your luck. Plz message me if one of them worked.

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #3,413 of 3,417
Just dug out my old C5D after nearly 10 years of neglect to amp a signal going to my subwoofer and it still does a pretty great job! The battery dies extremely quickly though (makes an annoying minor pop sound when going between charging and 95%+ mode) but I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many vendors stocking and continuing to sell the specific battery used in the C5D.

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #3,414 of 3,417
Outside of COVID WFH when it sat unused on my work desk, my c5d has been in near daily use at work since purchase. Has held up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back