JDS Labs C5 amp + Cypher Labs Solo Rig
Feb 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 6
I have the Solo myself and have been looking for an amp to upgrade to from my C&C BH2 for sometime. I've opted to save the extra cash up for the CypherLabs DUET as that portable amp can drive anything and everything. People rave about the C5 and I doubt it'll be a 'bad' experience, however the resolution will probably be not quite up to par with the CyperLabs DUET, ALO MK3-B+, or the Triad Audio L3, but there again its substantially cheaper.

In that price range I'd favor the ALO National over the C5 but thats just me.

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the Solo myself and have been looking for an amp to upgrade to from my C&C BH2 for sometime. I've opted to save the extra cash up for the CypherLabs DUET as that portable amp can drive anything and everything. People rave about the C5 and I doubt it'll be a 'bad' experience, however the resolution will probably be not quite up to par with the CyperLabs DUET, ALO MK3-B+, or the Triad Audio L3, but there again its substantially cheaper.

In that price range I'd favor the ALO National over the C5 but thats just me.

How does the clas+BH2 goes hand in hand?

The reason im just asking is that i once use a C5 and im just using a m100 which is not a hard to drive cans. My source is an ipc classic..

Thinking about the ALO National too but havent tried them yet..

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 6
How does the clas+BH2 goes hand in hand?

The reason im just asking is that i once use a C5 and im just using a m100 which is not a hard to drive cans. My source is an ipc classic..

Thinking about the ALO National too but havent tried them yet..

The C&C BH2 works quite well with them. Its got enough power to drive Audeze models (have tried it) and has a few switches to alter the sound signature, fun to play with. Best part is the C&C BH2 is only about $100. 

The National has more power and will give you a better 'black' background however if your planning to use M100s the C&C BH2 should suffice.

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 6
The C&C BH2 works quite well with them. Its got enough power to drive Audeze models (have tried it) and has a few switches to alter the sound signature, fun to play with. Best part is the C&C BH2 is only about $100. 

The National has more power and will give you a better 'black' background however if your planning to use M100s the C&C BH2 should suffice.

Ahh.. Ok will check on the BH2 too.. Just cant afford the Mk3 in the moment so looking for a affordable amp to pair with the clas..

Thanks mate!

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Ahh.. Ok will check on the BH2 too.. Just cant afford the Mk3 in the moment so looking for a affordable amp to pair with the clas..

Thanks mate!

No problem man, best of luck! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back