James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #362 of 428
All of you owe James a big one esp the one who got to choose the CK100 (I don't want to go  back a page) :)

Here's to 6 more years at head-fi James
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #363 of 428
And don't I know it... I'm trying to think of ways that I can repay such a generous gesture. Anyone have suggestions? James? haha

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #364 of 428
I hope you don't have a fuze/clip+. The CK100 have horrible synergy with them and the one of the pickiest snobby earphones I've ever tried.

Aug 22, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #366 of 428
Quote:
Here's to 6 more years at head-fi James
beerchug.gif

Thanks, I like it here (apart from the Huddler software that don't let me post from my cellphone any more) and I'm not planning to leave anytime soon.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I hope you don't have a fuze/clip+. The CK100 have horrible synergy with them and the one of the pickiest snobby earphones I've ever tried.

x2, the CK100 have still the best highs I've heard (well, maybe except for the FI-BA-SS), but they need a warmer source than the Sansas for their touchy mids. Out of my DAPs the synergy is Sony A845 > Cowon i9 >> Sansa Fuze.

Aug 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #367 of 428
  James,

I am no saying this because i won, but selfless acts like yours are rare, and set an example for the rest of as, not as head-fiers but as human beings.

Quote:

Which earphones did you get to choose?

I don't know yet, andyz will choose before me, then it's my turn. I will still get the DDMs though, you have managed to convince me (and i admit to a certain curiosity about their unique sound signature).

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #368 of 428

James444, Congratulations with 6 years anniversary!!!!
That is nice of you to get this thing going..

BTW,  always wanted to ask your opinion regarding FI-BA-SS from Final Audio which is ranking #1 on your BA list, and e-Q7, ranking #2 and then SM3 with 3rd place.  You are perhaps the only one on the forum owning  all 3 top tiers or am I wrong? 
So Have you already posted any reviews and/or thread related to this matter?
If so could you point it out and if not would you kindly get some brief comparison between this 3 top tier IEMs please?
  Do you regard e-Q7  overall a better IEMs then SM3? (according to your ranking)  What about FI-BA-SS? are this 1000 USD earphones that great and what is so special about them other then the price?
Also, this Japanese dealer has this new models from Final Audio  posted on the web
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/Gallery.html
apparently this new BA drivers IEMs from Final Audio Design just released in Japan this month,  Heaven S (FI-BA-SS) and heaven A
Any comments will be highly appreciated from a veteran such is yourself.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Ok, I'm celebrating my 6 year anniversary as a Head-Fier and decided to give away six of my IEMs to mark the occasion.
smile_phones.gif

Left to right: JVC FX500, Cyclone PR2, Cyclone PR1 Pro, Atrio M5 (w/o package), ATH-CK100, ATH-CKM70

This thread will be open for about two weeks to give everyone the chance to participate. After that a winner will be chosen among the posters, who can then take her/his pick. After that second place, and so on. All items are free giveaways in used but very good condition and include free shipping to anywhere in the world (please don't PM me with buying offers as these are not for sale). Flowerpots and cactuses are for decoration only and will not be included.
wink.gif

The winners will be chosen by random number generator among all posts, but for the first two picks I will prefer those who take the trouble to use search, gather some information and post their opinion about one (or more) of these IEMs. Of course you can also provide a link to some external assessment/review of yours if applicable. While this is not meant to become a die-hard discussion thread, any exchange of opinions is welcome.

Rules:
- Please don't spam the thread to increase your chances. You'll most likely end up on my ignore list.
- Please don't PM me in this matter unless absolutely necessary. If you have questions, ask them here.
- Please be polite (we don't want to get this thread locked).

Enough said, let the game begin - have fun and good luck!
popcorn.gif

P.S.: Updates / FAQ in post #2

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #370 of 428
Quote:
James444, Congratulations with 6 years anniversary!!!!
That is nice of you to get this thing going..

BTW,  always wanted to ask your opinion regarding FI-BA-SS from Final Audio which is ranking #1 on your BA list, and e-Q7, ranking #2 and then SM3 with 3rd place.  You are perhaps the only one on the forum owning  all 3 top tiers or am I wrong? 
So Have you already posted any reviews and/or thread related to this matter?
If so could you point it out and if not would you kindly get some brief comparison between this 3 top tier IEMs please?
  Do you regard e-Q7  overall a better IEMs then SM3? (according to your ranking)  What about FI-BA-SS? are this 1000 USD earphones that great and what is so special about them other then the price?
Also, this Japanese dealer has this new models from Final Audio  posted on the web
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/Gallery.html
apparently this new BA drivers IEMs from Final Audio Design just released in Japan this month,  Heaven S (FI-BA-SS) and heaven A
Any comments will be highly appreciated from a veteran such is yourself.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks for the good wishes yello131! BTW my BA list is in fact FI-BA-SS > Ortofon e-Q7 = Earsonics SM3, meaning I rate the SM3 and e-Q7 about equal. These are two very different IEMs though, whereas the FI-BA-SS and e-Q7 are much closer in sound signature

You can read a four way comparison (including the FX700) here:
review-impressions-of-the-final-audio-design-fi-ba-ss-versus-the-sm3-fx700-and-e-q7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back