I've went off headphones a bit.
Mar 29, 2007 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Cid

100+ Head-Fier
Since I sold a pair of HD595s I've been listening through a pair of Philips SBC HP200's and to be honest, they do the job. They don't sound the best, but I can still enjoy music out of them. Anyway, I was saving up for a pair of new headphones, but that plan didn't go well. I bought like 10 CDs off ebay, one of those razer mice for £45 and a CD player for my mums car. I just don't seem as interested in headphones as I originally was, do all head-fi'ers go through this stage?

I've also been rather addicted to Lineage 2. That just might have something to do with it.
icon10.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 17
i'm there right now; selling my phones. the reasons for me are very simple

1. wearing phones gives me a headache
2. i want to walk around while listening

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 17
It's also been well over a year since I bought my last "good" pair of headphones.

At any rate, I have not used most of my headphones in quite some time. I am considering selling some of them, now that digital photography is my current hobby.

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
12 step programs?

I want that burger...

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want that burger...

I know, that av is like cruel and unusual punishment for burger hounds. Hungry now.

/crap over.

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I sold a pair of HD595s I've been listening through a pair of Philips SBC HP200's and to be honest, they do the job. They don't sound the best, but I can still enjoy music out of them. Anyway, I was saving up for a pair of new headphones, but that plan didn't go well. I bought like 10 CDs off ebay, one of those razer mice for £45 and a CD player for my mums car. I just don't seem as interested in headphones as I originally was, do all head-fi'ers go through this stage?

I've also been rather addicted to Lineage 2. That just might have something to do with it.
icon10.gif

Dammit, then you must come to the Scotland Meet! For some reason, you missed out on the last one, but anyway, I only brought a Hornet, K701, HF-1 and E500 to that one. To this one, I'm going to bring a NOS Baby Orpheus set, a Stax 4040 Signature set and my custom IEMs
very_evil_smiley.gif
It's been quite a wild upgrade-driven few months since Nov 06 when us Scotland-bound Head-Fi'ers last met up. Should things go as planned, Duggeh will be able to provide us with his Stax O2/717 system again!

Provisional details of the meet are in my signature... See you there!
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did all that really warrent a new thread...?

Totally! I wanted to share my experience with my fellow head-fi'ers. I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't like it, don't read it. If you think it's in violation of the rules you can report it to a mod!

Quote:

Which one did you get? The copperhead or the new one?

I got the DeathAdder, because I liked the shape more. It has the same shape as the Microsoft optical mouses and they were always really comfortable to me!

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #12 of 17
if you're happy with what you have, stick with it. i'll tell you that i have set my head-fi budget to around $3000, which is still a lot less than most people, and i can't see myself going over that. everyone has their own point where they find going further isn't worth it. for me, i find Grado SR80s good enough. i could stop there and be happy. the thing is i don't have to stop there... dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you're happy with what you have, stick with it. i'll tell you that i have set my head-fi budget to around $3000, which is still a lot less than most people, and i can't see myself going over that. everyone has their own point where they find going further isn't worth it. for me, i find Grado SR80s good enough. i could stop there and be happy. the thing is i don't have to stop there... dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
frown.gif

Good Lord... just imagine how many phones I could get if I went and extended my overall budget to $3000.
blink.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

I don't think that is a bad thing, if you can afford and enjoy it, then why not? While I'm happy with my cheapo Philips headphones I'm probably still going to buy a cheap audiophile pair. Something like the AT 900 are cheap and look very comfortable (something these Philips headphones are lacking because of the plastic headband). At least you know you can go back to a pair of SR80s if your financial situation changes for the worse.

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Lord... just imagine how many phones I could get if I went and extended my overall budget to $3000.
blink.gif

god, you're nuts.
wink.gif
my current "projected system" is still about $1000 of $3000. maybe if i extend my budget a bit i could make a jumbled mess of Grado cans to rival your AKG pile... maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that is a bad thing, if you can afford and enjoy it, then why not? While I'm happy with my cheapo Philips headphones I'm probably still going to buy a cheap audiophile pair. Something like the AT 900 are cheap and look very comfortable (something these Philips headphones are lacking because of the plastic headband). At least you know you can go back to a pair of SR80s if your financial situation changes for the worse.

aren't the Philips cans you have often compared to the HD595 anyways, in everything but build quality? i definitely thing getting A900s would keep you happy for a very long time, excellent comfort and build quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back