I've lost my music....I FOUND MY MUSIC!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2009 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

punkaroo

500+ Head-Fier
There I was, just streaming music wirelessly and having a late night...when iTunes tells me it can't find a song...and would I like to locate it...uh, what?

I then started to discover that I have MANY missing songs...that aren't ANYWHERE to be found...not on my external HD...nothing. Zip. Zilch.

I'm so pissed that I threw my external HD across the room.

I spent hours...over months...ripping everything perfectly...omg...and now I may have to do it all over again...

Anyone wanna sell me a CD player?

*FUMING MAD*

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 43
oh man, that sucks
frown.gif

Have you tried savaging what you have on your iPod?
It has saved by butt twice.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 43
I 'lost' a 500GB USB HDD with all my live shows on it, windows wouldn't even find the drive anymore. Then I used Easy Recover Professional, and it recovered 95% of the music, took about 24 hours, but worth trying.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #9 of 43
Hint: Do not let iTunes organize your media folder, but put them in a clear folder structure yourself. Much easier to handle and search if needed.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hint: Do not let iTunes organize your media folder, but put them in a clear folder structure yourself. Much easier to handle and search if needed.

That sounds like an obviousness to me

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibertus Jeunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds like an obviousness to me

Yeah, but not to everyone since it is not iTunes' default setting.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #13 of 43
Allow me to explain. It's kind of a long, stupid story.

I ripped my CD collection as Lossless. Then I converted everything to a Lossy format. I copied said Lossy files to my external HD, created a NEW account on my Mac, called it iTunes, and thought "I'll only use this account for syncing my iPod Classic".

For a while there, I kept the Lossy files and Lossless files together in my main library. I finally got around to deleting the Lossy files completely. Somehow, they returned and iTunes decided to delete completely certain Lossy files. What?

So, the only good thing to come of this is that I still have my Lossy library in another account, copied directly onto my computer's hard drive. I figure there's something seriously wrong with my Lossless library, and I'm going to have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

And no, I didn't have it backed up. I have another Mac which I should have copied it over to, but it sounds like corruption of some sort.

Heh...I wonder if my external hd is ok. It's been dropped a few times with no problems...but never thrown.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #14 of 43
BTW guys...does iTunes imbed the cover art into the song file? Or is it somewhere else?

The only thing worse than re-ripping was getting cover art...

ARGH!

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #15 of 43
If you're saving to an external hard drive have you checked the internal hard drive on your computer. You probably know this,but if you're using an external hard drive for you music library but start iTunes before the external drive has mounted, iTunes preferences automatically reverts to the library folder on your computer. Just a thought I had because it has happened to me a few times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back