I've got crabs!
Sep 28, 2004 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

nanahachi

Head-Fi FAQ(s) Volunteer
duo.JPG

Yeah, crabs. 2 Rainbow crabs. What did you folks imagine?
tongue.gif

This setup is only temporary until some parts arrive from Foster&Smith sometime this week...(I've removed the HOB filter. I just put it there to see how much more tubing I'd need.)

Goin under...
goin-under.JPG

on the hunt
u-crab.JPG

mmmm, apple
dinner.JPG

crab apple...heh
munch.JPG

more pics to come when the tank is rearranged.

And, on a side note, 2 of my Bolivian Rams are apparently a breeding pair. The lone male has been moved to my planted tank, and the two love bird, er fish, now have some peace for their eggs.

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 39
Mmmmmm . . . tasty.
biggrin.gif

Nice crabs, they're cute. But you should word your titles differently next time . . . (j/k)

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 39
What's the expected life-span for your crabs?

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 39
Awww.... they're so cute.

I say name them after your ex-girlfriends.
evil_smiley.gif

What do they eat? (Besides apples) Are they hard to take care of?

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 39
well, there were 10 guppies. now there are 6.
biggrin.gif

the crabs are omnivorous. fruit, vegetables, fish, flake food, etc. i wonder if they'll eat my enemies?

At this point, both crabs are totally skittish and even if i get out of my desk chair too quickly, theyll duck for cover. hopefully they will get used to me and start sitting atop the rocks even when they know i'm here. (they'll walk around, etc when they don't spot me).

I fed both little guys some apple off of the end of a chopstick, so I am going to try to train them to be less and less afraid of me.

btw, i would never insult my little pals with the names of ex's. poor crabs don't deserve that sort of insult.

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
btw, i would never insult my little pals with the names of ex's. poor crabs don't deserve that sort of insult.

Yeah... good point.
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #9 of 39
congrats on your new pets.

look at those guppies swim around in fear.
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #11 of 39
ive been clipped by a mud crab before, when i was a kid... my thumb... ouch... the blood splattered everywhere... but these little ones seem harmless... well, unless thats what i think... the guppies may have different opinion from mine though...

Sep 29, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 39
That's not a crab.

You should get a pair of Alaskan King Crabs. Now there's a crab for you. Only if you got a pair of those you would need a tank 8x the size of the one you have now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back