I've been activated by Wendy Friedman from NBC
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

evilking

CAUTION: INCOMPLETE TRADES.
I think this is my handler: New York, NY - Wendy Friedman | Sotheby's International Realty®

This is the content of the first email:

"Jimmy

Please make it a habit to empty the trash each time you come in the office. The recycle cans do not need to be emptied as often but at least check them to make sure they are not full.

It is terrible when you have clients come into the office and they see trash overflowing.
--
Wendy Friedman"

This followed by an address for a real estate firm in Olney, Maryland, and some phone numbers.

Obviously some kind of elaborate new scam, right? I'll email back with 'my name's not Jimmy' and they'll get me to wire money to Nigeria, or something. The alternative is that Wendy mistyped someone elses email address and got mine. Except my email address is firstnamelastname @gmail.com and is unique enough that Wendy would have noticed a discrepancy.

Now I just ignored this email, problems usually go away with this method, but less than a day later (!) I got another email from 'Wendy'.

"Please order a resale package from Company X for:

Community: Top of the Park

Company Y
Address 1
Address 2
Tel 555-555-5555
Fax 555-555-5555
They can deliver them to our office. Find out how long it will take.
--
Wendy Friedman"

(Names and numbers have been blanked out for plausible deniability)

Resale package? Holy ****!

Now it's all coming clear. I'm an assassin!

'Resale package' is obviously code for some type of weapon (a clean gun?) that I'm supposed to pickup from Company X, a supposed 'Property Management' firm. 'Top of the Park' is obviously the target, who can be found at Company Y, also in Maryland. 'Deliver them to our office' sets the conditions (make it look like a suicide?) and 'find out how long' probably means ASAP!

Further evidence of my activation can be found in the link at the top. Regularly appears on NBC HD Open House NYC? Oh please, that many acronyms, NBC's obviously a front for the CIA, which everyone knows is a front for MI6.

Let me get right down to the purpose of this post. Until I get my memory back (obviously I have standard 'assassin amnesia'), I need to stall this 'job' for as long as possible. Once the higher ups find out about my condition, they'll no choice but to eliminate the problem. I don't watch a lot of spy movies so I need all the help I can get. Time is of the essence, less than ten hours ago I received this:

"What is the status of this? Have the docs been ordered?
--
Wendy Friedman"

I'm so screwed...

frown.gif

EK

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 16
The last message is just sinister! Get out while there is still time; surely somewhere in your house you have a passport, maybe even some money?

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 16
Check all your floors for the secret passageway that holds your weapons cache and your super-spy suit closet.

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 16
i hope the emails are real, and if so, great job with the story.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 16
Obviously, someone's gonna get fired. Once you've had your fun, tell her you'd like to discuss this in private first thing Monday morning. Say "I'll bring the coffee. You bring the donuts."
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now it's all coming clear. I'm an assassin!

Awesome. Got to make this my sig
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should just empty the trash.

It does sound like should get my ass down to Maryland, where I'll be meeting up with these guys:

shooter016.jpg
(I assume thats Maryland in the background)

Or I could end it right now, maybe I'll never know the truth and I should take the easy way out:

suicide-gun1.jpg
(Yep, that's me. Modelling for suicide.)

I did find a gun and £10,000 cash in a secret compartment in my desk (I believe it's called a drawer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonisonfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously, someone's gonna get fired. Once you've had your fun, tell her you'd like to discuss this in private first thing Monday morning. Say "I'll bring the coffee. You bring the donuts."
wink.gif

I admit, my thoughts did stray to sexual fantasy, but how could we meet? Every time you say, 'come alone, tell no one, no cops or things will get ugly', they betray you almost immediately. I don't think my heart can take it, I'm sorry.

It's very clear what needs to be done and I want thank all of you for helping me see the light (of God). It's been a pleasure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but who was phone?!?

I have no idea. I guess we'll never find out.

EK

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 16
popcorn.gif

I wanna see where this goes....

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 16
I hope you're already in a car driving like a maniac. Maybe down the steps of your state capital's building. Bounce off a few parked cars, jump a hill or two, and generally try to stay under the radar. Like every other assasin/spy movie ever made. They've given you the tools, now you simply must use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back