iTunes Genius Feature not working
Sep 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wonderwall

100+ Head-Fier
I have activated the feature, all of my data has been collected and sent and I've even updated it twice. But no matter what song I try, it will tell me "Genius is not available for the song "Whatever"". Any ideas?

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 9
Not sure but will it work if a person does not have an i-tunes account
had mine for years so never tried Genius on a Mac without it.

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 9
There's a software update (8.01) that has some bug fixes... perhaps that'll help?

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Logged into iTunes Store?
No idea if it makes a difference, but something tell me that it does.

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #7 of 9
it can't do it for every song. i think the song has to be sold on itunes in order for the genius feature to work. it sounded really cool but in practice i ended up hating it so i never use it

Nov 8, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it can't do it for every song. i think the song has to be sold on itunes in order for the genius feature to work. it sounded really cool but in practice i ended up hating it so i never use it

I ripped some local bands cd's today and genius did not work! I have been enjoying the genius feature though, as I often play my whole library on shuffle but don't want to have make genre specific playlists.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #9 of 9
how exactly does genius work anyway? has apple disclosed this? i'll admit sometimes i was surprised songs in my playlist went really well together, but sometimes it throws in an oddball as well. For the most part though the songs in the same playlist are under the same genre, spiffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back