It's On!!! Orlando, FL Area "mini-meet" - August 16th!
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In anticipation of CanJam08 Boomana started a thread on meet etiquette. I thought it was a good idea and perhaps we should reference some of the points here. For example:

1. No hair gel (even w/ a cap) no one wants their headphones w/ a grease job.
2. No drinking or eating while using someone's gear.
3. If you want to listen to something ask before grabbing.
4. If you left the room to eat please wash your hands. No one wants the pizza/burger grease on their gear.
5. Be careful, specially around cables. These should not be bent at sharp angles nor pulled upon.

More could be added later. Thanks.

I agree. I will be bringing bottled everything, that way the chance of any spill of happening will be significantly decreased. I also won't be bringing anything greasy, for the points mentioned.

Please store your drink on the floor/end table, and not on the same table as the gear you are listening to.

Please feel free to add more, I have been extremely sick (not flu or cold) and I've been resting almost 90% of the day, there's likely a few things we are missing.

Please, please feel free to post here or PM me with ANY questions. I will do my best to keep my phone next to me, which alerts me when a reply or PM has been sent to me.

Talk to you guys soon,

-Nick
beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Added items 6 and 7 to the list!
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks. I forgot to mention it is a non-smoking room. You may dismiss yourself if you need to smoke. I will bring some hand sanitizer to help keep the smoke smell from your fingers, and to sanitize the headbands every once in a while. The smell doesn't bother me, but it may to others, so I'm just thinking ahead.

-Nick
L3000.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #50 of 53
Updated time on first page..

Check-in time is confirmed at 2pm. That's the earliest they will let me in. And please call me when you arrive so I can give you the room number. That, I don't have yet and I'll get it tomorrow.

See ya tomorrow!

-Nick
L3000.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #51 of 53
Nick, I have finished packing and should leave in the next hour or so. I have changed the gear I am taking to:

- Transport: Panasonic DVD
- DAC: Monarch NM24
- Amp 1: Singlepower MPX3 Slam SE
- Amp 2: Beta Novo - Discrete SS amp by Graham Slee w/ both Green PSU and the PSU1
- ICs: Sonic BL-1
- Power Cords: Zu and PS Audio
- Can1: Akg K501 w/ a V3 re-cable by APureSound
- Can2: Ultrasone PROline 2500
- Can3: Ultrasone HFI-780 w/ a V3 re-cable by APureSound
- Can4: Beyer DT880 250 ohm (2003 model)
- Portable Gear: 160Gb iPod Classic, MiniBox-E+ w/ AD797, iBasso Viper SuperFi 3 Live
- Other "stuff"

See you at +/-2:00pm

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #52 of 53
My ride bailed on me (he was massively busy and buried with work from his business). And I ended up lending my ride to somebody cause I figured I was going to be riding with him. Taking a motorcycle with gear in it across Florida with some potentially rainy spots wasn't a good idea anyways.

Then, when I finally had a chance to leave, it was 530
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back