It's On!!! Orlando, FL Area "mini-meet" - August 16th!
Jul 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #31 of 53
Mike -
i was hoping you wont see my post in this thread.
icon10.gif

man i dont know what to say right now.
i am just getting bored doing nothing with this injury and was hoping i would be well enough to go to this meet as i have not been into one.
hoping to go to the tampa meet ( cross my fingers) . are there any details on it already?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just great. How many meets did I try to get you to attemd and the one Florida meet I'm not going to is the one you choose.
biggrin.gif
I hope you are not trying to tell me something. Hopefully, you will make it up to Tampa in the fall. Remember, you are the guy that got me into this mess.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #32 of 53
updated the TIME. They cannot promise the room to be ready when I asked, however check-in time IS 3pm. So please try and be here at/before 3pm.

I will give out my contact info closer to the meet, so you can contact me if you are having trouble finding the hotel, need the room number, etc. Please call me to come down and help you with your equipment if you need help.

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill be sure to know if i can go after this week . il let you know nick20

Sounds good. I hope you are feeling better.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill be sure to know if i can go after this week . il let you know nick20

Hope you feel better and can make it. BTW, since you are now using a beetle as an avatar I would like to know what year is your beetle.
smile.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #39 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 more week guys!!
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to it. In addition, Saturday is the first day of the Premiership (Come on you Gunners!), so I'm glad the time got pushed back a bit.

I got a surprise delivery this week, a pair of D5000s. So I intend to bring them and let everyone A/B them with the D2000s through the DAC1 Pre. I've also still got a Duet hanging around the house, so I'll bring that as well.

So, I've got:

Sources: Apple MacBook Pro, Sony DVP-NS755P

DAC/Amp: Apogee Duet, DAC1 Pre

Phones: Denon D2000, Denon D5000, Sennheiser HD650 (HR Balanced)

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by illkemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phones: Denon D2000, Denon D5000, Sennheiser HD650 (HR Balanced)

We are going to have lots of Denon's!
L3000.gif

I think three or four pairs are supposed to show up. I'm bringing the MD5000DE, the Markl modded and Jena Labs recabled headphone. It sure is sweet!
icon10.gif

And I believe someone else is bringing his Markl modded D5000's as well. I forgot his username, but we'll have lots of comparing to do. Nonetheless, I am still anxious to try all the equipment we'll have.

-Nick
L3000.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

We are going to have lots of Denon's!
L3000.gif

I think three or four pairs are supposed to show up. I'm bringing the MD5000DE, the Markl modded and Jena Labs recabled headphone. It sure is sweet!
icon10.gif

And I believe someone else is bringing his Markl modded D5000's as well. I forgot his username, but we'll have lots of comparing to do. Nonetheless, I am still anxious to try all the equipment we'll have.

Oh, sweet. I've always wanted to listen to some re-cabled phones, to find find out how much of a difference there is from the stock cables. I can't wait to compare them all. I think I'm going to leave my wallet at home, to resist the temptation to make some impulse internet buys. The only thing we'll be missing is a balanced D5000.

Anyone?

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by illkemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, sweet. I've always wanted to listen to some re-cabled phones, to find find out how much of a difference there is from the stock cables. I can't wait to compare them all. I think I'm going to leave my wallet at home, to resist the temptation to make some impulse internet buys. The only thing we'll be missing is a balanced D5000.

Anyone?

Do you have the HR balanced amp? I think that's what you said.. right? I've been dieing to try this amp..
smile.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Do you have the HR balanced amp? I think that's what you said.. right? I've been dieing to try this amp..
smile.gif

Sorry. I only have the DAC1 Pre. I wish someone would show up with the HR. I was thinking about it, but decided on the DAC1, because it could be used as a preamp. Versatility, man. Versatility.

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #45 of 53
In anticipation of CanJam08 Boomana started a thread on meet etiquette. I thought it was a good idea and perhaps we should reference some of the points here. For example:

1. No hair gel (even w/ a cap) no one wants their headphones w/ a grease job.
2. No drinking or eating while using someone's gear.
3. If you want to listen to something please ask before grabbing.
4. If you left the room to eat please wash your hands. No one wants the pizza/burger grease on their gear.
5. Be careful, specially around cables. These should not be bent at sharp angles nor pulled upon.
6. Please no children under 16YO.
7. Should not have to be listed but ... No Smoking!

More could be added later. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back