iTouch WiFi issue.
Jun 29, 2008 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
It detects the network (which is unsecured, no password needed).

I click it, it puts a little check mark next to it, shows signal strength.

I go to use Safari, and it won't browse. It says "Safari could not connect because it could not find the server.". I go to click on the networks, and it shows no information like IP address, subnet, etc. the fields are all blank.

I tried resetting network settings on the touch. I also tried the "forget this network" and tried reconnecting. Nothing.

Anyhelp? It's a D-Link router and I have no troubles connecting with other laptops or devices.

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It detects the network (which is unsecured, no password needed).

I click it, it puts a little check mark next to it, shows signal strength.

I go to use Safari, and it won't browse. It says "Safari could not connect because it could not find the server.". I go to click on the networks, and it shows no information like IP address, subnet, etc. the fields are all blank.

I tried resetting network settings on the touch. I also tried the "forget this network" and tried reconnecting. Nothing.

Anyhelp? It's a D-Link router and I have no troubles connecting with other laptops or devices.

Your touch is either not being assigned an IP address through DHCP or it is refusing it, i would reset your router next, if that doesnt work factory reset your touch and reinstall the firmware.

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Weird....all of a sudden...it's working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back