iTouch. 32gb is FASTER than 8gb.
Jul 5, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got in my 32gb Touch, and when transferring songs over, it's faster than that of the 8gb. But, the most notable difference is when transferring video over. It's easily 20% faster.

I transferred a 1gb video simultaneously to the 8gb and 32gb and the 32gb was done 6 seconds faster.

Now, I didn't try them individually, but just transferred simultaneously (both connected to iTunes) and everytime, the 32gb is much faster on larger files. It's not so much noticeable when transferring a song or two (or couple), but large files, it's noticeable.

I wish I had a 16gb to compare all 3...

You think this was something intentional, or just by chance that the memory is flash memory is faster?

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 5
They probably used faster flash memory; it is a newer model, after all.

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, both are second generation (well, the 32gb is first gen, which was released with the 2nd Gen Touches), brand new off the shelf. I don't know what changed between Gen 1 and 2 other than software, but they both are the latest releases.

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 5
It may be the fact that you did it simultaneously. If you do them separately, the results may be different. Your system may be giving more resources to the 32GB. If you run separate tests, you may get different results.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 5
I thought that at first, and the results are the same...simultaneous or not, the 32gb still finishes faster by a decent margin.

Pretty neato I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back