Issue with Maverick Audio A1 Volume Dial.
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
Recently, i have noticed a problem with my Maverick Audio A1 amp. I have plugged through my HRT streamer to my laptop. I also have Cambridge audio S30 bookshelf speakers attached to them.

The problem is that when I move the volume dial, i hear a distinct screech on the right speaker and it turns of completely. Moving the dial carefully, with a lot of adjustment makes the speaker work though.

I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix it.

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
The volume potentiometer should be cleaned with "Pot Cleaning Cap" or similar product.

Edit : Radio shack tuner cleaner is maybe more easy to find.

Cool. Thank you..

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Cool. Thank you..

I am in India and DeOxit is not available here. I was wondering if you could give me names of the brand or chemical composition of these products, so that I could look for substitutes..

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 7
This product is only to remove dust an clean up the contact surface, normally is accumulated dust you have to remove, you can try with a air compressed bottle to remove it, moving stronger the potentiometer when you blow it.

Don't know the composition, I have just used it long time ago for my musician gears (amp. effects etc...).

Edit : I hop is not an electrical problem, remove dust and you have to see a difference.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
This product is only to remove dust an clean up the contact surface, normally is accumulated dust you have to remove, you can try with a air compressed bottle to remove it, moving stronger the potentiometer when you blow it.

Don't know the composition, I have just used it long time ago for my musician gears (amp. effects etc...).

Edit : I hop is not an electrical problem, remove dust and you have to see a difference.

Thank you. I just opened it and blew air into the volume dial and the problem got solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back