Issue Resolved: TRRS and Mic issues
Apr 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

WayTooCrazy

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, I'm having some wiring issues. I have the TRRS connector wired up as so...
trrswiring.jpg

The Microphone connector goes to a Neutrik Gold plated Stereo 3.5mm female connector (Left Channel). The ground goes to Common Ground. When I use this setup on the Astro MixAmp, I can hear my voice chats on both speakers of the headphone. I have been asked to convert my cable from dual 4 pole TRRS to 1 4pole (on headphone) and break out the second connector into two 3.5mm jacks for PC use. I've done this and on the MixAmp (using the Astro "Y" adapter), it works as expected. On the PC though, the left channel is the left channel, and I need it to be in stereo (so audio can be heard in both speakers). What would be the process to get this to work? I've jumpered the left & right channels on both the headphone side (at the Mic connector) and at the 3.5mm end. With this method, I get nothing. If I undo 1 of the jumpers... voice is back to the left side. Is there a way to fix this?

The Microphone that I'm using has a Stereo 3.5mm adapter, but I doubt the microphone is truly stereo.
GTMaxmicrophone.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated... as this is being shipped to Australia, and the user is a PC user (so I need this to work). This is in reference to my modified AD700 Headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back