ISO: Scanner recommendations...
May 21, 2007 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Hi Guys,

I got a call from the fiancee and she asked me to pick up a scanner. So I have 30 mins to seek out rec's for a flat bed scanner $100 and under (excluding tax) before heading out during my lunch break. Here's J&R's url for scanners (J&R is just 2 blocks away from my job):

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...ters/Scanners/

I'm gonna go hunt reviews on google...let me know if any of these scanners stand out. We're looking to scan old family photo's and clean them up in photoshop and post them up for family members to view. So, we're basically looking to digitize our pictures for preservations sake.

Thanks for an rec's
eggosmile.gif

May 21, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 4
I like my Canon scanner so I would recommend any Canon scanner under your price range

May 21, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 4
I have used a couple of flatbed scanners over the years from Umax, Microtek, HP at work to Canon LiDE 50 at home.

Canon LiDE scanners (at least the old ones like mine) pull power from the USB connection. Pros include slim body and fewer cords (actually only the USB cord). Cons are reduced quality scans. I'm no technical guy, but basically without a true power connector, the fluorescent tube or whatever it is called isn't very strong (or isn't very bright). I find the colour slightly off most of the time.

The Microtek and HP I have used at work (can't recall the model numbers, but the HP one was one of the more pricey consumer end scanner) offer much better and accurate scans. They are, however, quite huge.

May 21, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 4
I wound up going with the epson v100 due to positive reviews at newegg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back