ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #5,011 of 5,044
Also new ISN Audio T-OCC cable incoming, along with new ISN Audio H60 Universal IEM!
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.20.44 AM.png

ISN T-OCC Audiophile IEM Cable

Model: T-OCC
Triple copper combination, three diameters
2 shares, 181 cores per share
Outer diameter is 2.5 , 18AWG wire
98 cores 0.08 frozen single crystal copper
48 cores 0.06 Quenched single crystal copper
35 cores 0.05 Copper-silver alloy
OFC 2-pin 0.78mm connector
3.5mm audio/4.4mm balanced OFC plug
Aluminum CNC alloy cutting integrated slider
The solder joints is silver–contained tin
Secondary oxidation gold foil gold ring
Cable length: 1.2M

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.21.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #5,012 of 5,044
Penon TotemType-C to Type-C HiFi USB Audio Cable

Description
2 shares, 334 cores per share
Single crystal copper silver-plated Litz type-6 & Palladium-plated pure silver & Single crystal copper plated with pure gold
Outer diameter:2.5mm
Length:about 13cm in total

$69.00
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 8.10.50 PM.png

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #5,013 of 5,044

I've just finished my review of the planar hybrid ISN Neo3s - which you're invited to read here. :smile:

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #5,014 of 5,044
After a long wait I got the Neo 3 and I'm afraid to say I'm liking it more than the Serial. The Serial is real good at what it does, and I love it dearly with live music, but I felt the lower mids were a bit dry (with female vocals especially) and the top end sparkle was missing. Stunning subbass though.

What the neo3 lacks in subbass it makes up for in an overall sweeter delivery. Female vocals sound incredible, and the way it stages feels more out of head than the Serial does. More engaging. Now, the Serial soundstage can reveal more of the ambiance in the song, but only at higher volumes that I don't normally hit. If the 3 can take a bit of a sub 60hz boost I think these are going to be awesome daily drivers. They also have that smooth top end the Serial has but with a bit more detail.

I do like that I can drive these out of anything, even the apple usb c dongle on an android phone was enough to get these loud, and I got essentially no hiss out of the Vali 2+ either. Best of both worlds.

I only wish it was a little smaller so I could wear them longer, and the tips dont stay attached as well as the Penons.

All in all vs the Serial, the Neo 3 sounds better out of most sources whereas I prefer to give the Serial more power and an R2R source. For $200 these are a steal and they could totally be my only IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #5,015 of 5,044
@DrewVz Just got the Clarion Tri tips. You were right, thanks for the recommendation! Very interesting what they do to the EST50, the sound is much more "raw" and on some tracks it can actually get a bit too spicy in the treble region. I read that these mute bass a bit, not in the slightest with the EST50 haha. They are similar to the Spinfit W1 but are much more comfy and offer a slightly bigger stage. Overall the sound is more in your face, highs are more pronounced and the bass is tight yet powerful and still has great impact. I think I found a new favorite for the EST50 :)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #5,016 of 5,044
@DrewVz Just got the Clarion Tri tips. You were right, thanks for the recommendation! Very interesting what they do to the EST50, the sound is much more "raw" and on some tracks it can actually get a bit too spicy in the treble region. I read that these mute bass a bit, not in the slightest with the EST50 haha. They are similar to the Spinfit W1 but are much more comfy and offer a slightly bigger stage. Overall the sound is more in your face, highs are more pronounced and the bass is tight yet powerful and still has great impact. I think I found a new favorite for the EST50 :)
Yeah, they're great, aren't they? I agree that the W1 tips are similar, but definitely inferior. When I first tried the Clarion tips, I didn't really think they worked well with most of the IEMs I owned at the time. But as time goes by, I am finding that more and more IEMs really synergize well with them. Definitely a game changer in some cases.

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #5,017 of 5,044
I have the Clarion TRI eartips in size L (14.0mm). At the moment I have found my "Holy Grail" in the Liqueur of Penon model in black color or orange color (14.0mm), depending on the IEM. The TRI would take second place, and it also depends on which IEM you use. A whole world...

I totally agree with how Penon defines them: «Rich details of low frequency, high frequency is transparent, clean background, the vocal is clear, and reduce the sibilance»👌🏻

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #5,018 of 5,044
Not sure if you own the Neo 3, but if you like the EST50, I recommend grabbing a pair of the Neo 3 as a daily driver. Similar in presentation, with crisper highs, but lesser bass. A different sound profile, but "in family" with the EST50. Sometimes I listen to the EST50 and get "bored" after a while, but when I switch to the Neo 3, I get rejuvenated. It sounds a bit more lively, a bit more dynamic, even though the bass is noticeably less. And I use the Clarion tips for both of them. I think they are a good match.

I've very quickly become a fan of the ISN tuning of these two IEMs. Terrific performance for the money. Can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #5,019 of 5,044
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #5,021 of 5,044
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #5,023 of 5,044
NEO 5 with GD849 from Penon:
sublime synergy - musicality, greater note weight, tight bass :darthsmile:
Gotta say I never had such experience like the one from Penon - great service, great coupon gifts, everything is top notch!

IMG_20240412_170625.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #5,024 of 5,044
I have the Clarion TRI eartips in size L (14.0mm). At the moment I have found my "Holy Grail" in the Liqueur of Penon model in black color or orange color (14.0mm), depending on the IEM. The TRI would take second place, and it also depends on which IEM you use. A whole world...

I totally agree with how Penon defines them: «Rich details of low frequency, high frequency is transparent, clean background, the vocal is clear, and reduce the sibilance»👌🏻
Those are next on my list. The Clarion Tri give me the best seal out of every tip I tried so far. I forget the EST50 are in my ears. Its super comfy and fits my ear canal perfectly. Interested in how the Liqueur compares, how are they in terms of comfort?
Not sure if you own the Neo 3, but if you like the EST50, I recommend grabbing a pair of the Neo 3 as a daily driver. Similar in presentation, with crisper highs, but lesser bass. A different sound profile, but "in family" with the EST50. Sometimes I listen to the EST50 and get "bored" after a while, but when I switch to the Neo 3, I get rejuvenated. It sounds a bit more lively, a bit more dynamic, even though the bass is noticeably less. And I use the Clarion tips for both of them. I think they are a good match.

I've very quickly become a fan of the ISN tuning of these two IEMs. Terrific performance for the money. Can't wait to hear what they come up with next.
They definitely sound very interesting. That being said, with the W1/Clarion Tri the amount of bass is absolutely perfect for me with the EST50 (only have been listening to them with my Hiby R5 ii since I got them, tried other sources but this combo is by far my favorite). Strong but never too much when called for, present but not dominant with other genres. Not sure if I want less bass, since they give me exactly the signature I was looking for.

I am still using the stock cable and thought about ordering another one (the G4 is very tempting) but considering for another 100 I could get the Neo 3... So many choices :D How does the Neo 3 compare to the S12 Pro? Is there any of that "planar timbre"?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #5,025 of 5,044
They definitely sound very interesting. That being said, with the W1/Clarion Tri the amount of bass is absolutely perfect for me with the EST50 (only have been listening to them with my Hiby R5 ii since I got them, tried other sources but this combo is by far my favorite). Strong but never too much when called for, present but not dominant with other genres. Not sure if I want less bass, since they give me exactly the signature I was looking for.

I am still using the stock cable and thought about ordering another one (the G4 is very tempting) but considering for another 100 I could get the Neo 3... So many choices :D How does the Neo 3 compare to the S12 Pro? Is there any of that "planar timbre"?

Trust me, the Neo 3 has a different enough signature where you won't care so much about the bass. I love bass too, and sometimes the Neo 3 just doesn't do it for me, but that's why I have the EST50. When the EST50 doesn't do it for me, the Neo 3 fits right in. I will add that I'm using the Effect Audio Ares X Cadmus 8w cable on it. It's a great match. But I'm also using the EA Cadmus 8w for the EST50. Effect Audio has great cables at very fair prices for their performance.

I can't speak for the S12 "Pro", but I owned the original S12 and it was a disaster. Way too sharp, too much treble, the sound was too brittle, flat soundstage, and just overall didn't meet my needs. But if you like the EST50, you will like the Neo 3, in a slightly different way.

Trust me, someone over there at ISN really knows how to tune IEMs. I don't know if it's the drivers, the sound tube geometry, or magic pixie dust. But both the EST50 and the Neo 3 share similar traits when it comes to soundstage, imaging, and presentation. Yes, there are differences in tonality, tuning, and frequency balance, but that's why you need both. I'd say I split my listening time equally between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back