Is Xin still in business?
Dec 8, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a brand new Supermicro IV thinking it will be simple delivery...well I guess I am wrong. I also sent Supermacro 3v6 that was not operating under battery for repair and updates. That was 11/2..and not a word from Xin. I am sure he will deliver like always.

I gone through lot of amps and cans...and I feel like I came full circle and settled on DIY based maxed out M^3 and modded X-Can V2 amps.

You live not too far from me...I live in Leesburg
biggrin.gif

ah, you're just past Washington from me. Well, I waited 8 weeks for my SuperMini IV and it's now just past 6 weeks for the upgrade.

Besides the recommended upgrade, Xin was supposed to fix the crossfeed which sounded like mono on my Mini. I sure hope it's right. I don't think I could go through this again.

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #17 of 44
I canceled my order today. Two emails, no responses from Mr. Xin. To me, this is horrible customer service. Anyways, enough said, I made the decision with my wallet. Money talks. I think I will explore the Ray Samuels Tomahawk option.

Dec 8, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #18 of 44
Well, it's for a different market.. I think pretty much everyone who is buying a xin product or is an owner would know that it's quality over cs
He's unresponsive and goes into random development mode, but gives frequent free upgrades..

Dec 8, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Ray reminds me of Apple way of doing business... announce it, then ship it. That's why I love Apple...and Ray is super guy to do business with.

Apple? I have two macs and the service is not always that great. I have the extended 3 year contract, which I paid over 300 dollars for each one and both computers needed work. It covers them world wide and is to take minimal time. I am in China and Apple is here with service centers but there is NO way to contact Apple in the US by email. Apple here in China took almost 1 month on what had been garanteed to be a max of 1 week from out the door to back to me both times. The parts had been preordered and were ready but Apple does not always live up to what they say they will do. My friend in California had the same experience and this was in Los Angeles where the service should have been at its fastest.

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's for a different market.. I think pretty much everyone who is buying a xin product or is an owner would know that it's quality over cs
He's unresponsive and goes into random development mode, but gives frequent free upgrades..

Some would say quality and customer service goes hand and hand.

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #21 of 44
Fortunately for me, Apple service has been examplarary. Maybe becuase I live in Northern Virgina with more than 3 Apple stores relatively near me. When my PowerMac was constantly rebooting, I took it to local Apple store and they told me I can wait for long diagnosis and fix or take a new one. I elected to get a new one. That kind of customer service was shown for my previous Apple notebook and iPods.

Generally warranty service I think is a gamble...when it should not be.

Stay healthy there in China
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple? I have two macs and the service is not always that great. I have the extended 3 year contract, which I paid over 300 dollars for each one and both computers needed work. It covers them world wide and is to take minimal time. I am in China and Apple is here with service centers but there is NO way to contact Apple in the US by email. Apple here in China took almost 1 month on what had been garanteed to be a max of 1 week from out the door to back to me both times. The parts had been preordered and were ready but Apple does not always live up to what they say they will do. My friend in California had the same experience and this was in Los Angeles where the service should have been at its fastest.

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 44
Unfortunately, this sort of thing is just the price of doing business with Xin. It sucks, but his amps are great if you can wait him out.

I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to put up with his brand of customer service, however.

He actually discourages people from using paypal because it results in an automatic debit, as opposed to a credit card, which he only charges when he ships. At least, that's what he has said, and I've never seen anyone post otherwise.

He's eccentric, but I have never seen any evidence that he is anything but honest.

Dec 8, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #23 of 44
For the record, after I canceled Mr. Xin did respond to me and said he had "email server issues."

I understand about that is just the way he is, that is unfortunate. I did actually do research on the amps themselves before ordering and oddly enough, I didn't read about his delays or I would not have ordered.

Dec 9, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #25 of 44
Xin and I had a four-email exchange yesterday within about 20 minutes about sending my amp back for tweaks/upgrades, etc.. Almost like talking to him in person!!! He said he would get the amp back to me within the week. He has always kept his word and delivered on time for me. But then, I am always emailing him and asking him if it's a good time to send something back. Sometimes, I never hear back for a couple of months, so I try again. This time, success! The only way I know to work with Xin.

His SM IV is a delight and worth waiting for.... and again and again for free upgrades!!

Dec 9, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

I ordered a brand new Supermicro IV thinking it will be simple delivery...well I guess I am wrong. I also sent Supermacro 3v6 that was not operating under battery for repair and updates. That was 11/2..and not a word from Xin. I am sure he will deliver like always.

I gone through lot of amps and cans...and I feel like I came full circle and settled on DIY based maxed out M^3 and modded X-Can V2 amps.

You live not too far from me...I live in Leesburg
biggrin.gif

I live in Lovettsville/Waterford area! vpivinylspinner is close to leesburg too.

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #27 of 44
Hmmm...maybe we can have a Northern Virginia mini-meet
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Lovettsville/Waterford area! vpivinylspinner is close to leesburg too.

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Hmmm...maybe we can have a Northern Virginia mini-meet
icon10.gif

Jeff and I have talked about this. Maybe after the new year
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #29 of 44
I guess I'm the lone Head-Fi'er in the heart of South Hampton Roads (aka-the "Southside"). I know there are a few members just to the Northwest from me.

A small meet would be fun but with a busy family and work schedule time is a big factor.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #30 of 44
Great way to start the new year...I hope I will have my Xin amps by that time
confused.gif
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff and I have talked about this. Maybe after the new year
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back