Is this site safe?
Jun 16, 2007 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DoubleEs

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I'm from the UK and I've found a site that's selling Shure foamies for a decent price plus they ship to the UK.

This is what I'm looking for - http://www.affordablehomeelectronics...D&ProdID=85660

In the UK, it's they are going for $40 + postage, so they are selling it a lot cheaper than in the UK.

The problem is, when I click the buy button follow by the ckeckout button, I get taken to another site where the certificate says monstercommercialsites.com rather than affordablehomeelectronics.... so I'm a bit worry.

In my experience, the secure site's certificate should normally be the same as the place you're buying form.

So, is AHE a good reputable site to buy from?

Thanks

Jun 16, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Try the seller idealsound on ebay, that's where I got mine.
Cheaper than this site and they give free worldwide shipping.

Jun 16, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 9
I clicked on the checkout button and my pc crashed so badly I had to hard boot it for the first time on this install of windows. Then I had to do 4 more hard boots because everytime windows loaded it locked up on CPU usage. I had to go into safe mode to sort it out.

Possibly a coincidence, but theres no way im going back to that site.

Jun 16, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Jun 16, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Unless I am familiar with the site or have had it recommended by those I consider trustworthy, I usually check out resellerratings to find out what other peoples' experiences with the place have been. http://www.resellerratings.com/ Unfortunately, neither of the sites mentioned in this thread are listed, so that wasn't much help!

I, too, have had positive experiences with idealsound on eBay (which also isn't listed on resellerratings -
rolleyes.gif
- but was recommended here on head-fi) and would say that is the place to get the foamies.

Dunno about the KSC75s....

Holly

Jun 16, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Whew! When I noticed the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to "this" site; refering to Head-Fi.

No; "this" site is NOT safe. It will pick your pocket. Your wallet is perpetually in danger any time you visit this forum.

Jun 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for all the input guys, I've found the seller idealsound on ebay and he looks genuine, so I think I will buy from him instead as it include worldwide shipping.

@Duggeh, sorry to hear your PC crashed after visiting the site, it certainly not my intention to crash anyone's PC.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back