is this site legit ??
Apr 9, 2007 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

xnothingpoetic

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been looking for a closed portable can and was searching for a low price on the ES7 and found this site:

http://www.gainsaver.com/bNetStore/T...&Param10=34484

If it's a legit site I just might buy one and sell it for twice the price
very_evil_smiley.gif

I want a closed can but from what i've been reading \, no one is really bragging about them, so they don't seem GREAT... so i might just cop for the cheaper SJ5's

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 14
Here is what the local BBB has to say Link
and it looks like Gain Saver might be running another business which has not answered 13 complaints Link

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 14
Apr 9, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 14
well that is based on the company not responding to the customers complaints/refunds/ext..

I've read that Alessandro is the same way (not responding to emails/phone calls.

All I care about is if I will receive the product (and in good shape).

EDIT: well thanks for the replys. I will keep on searching.

also thanks for those links, I didn't know about them before, so now I can quickly do my own research on company's w/o crapping these forums
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 14
Don't buy from them. I went through so much BS with them it wasn't even funny. I highly suggest you just stay away!

EDIT: Ordered an item that said in stock. Was actually out of stock. Got charged. Never received item. I had to deal with my CC company to get this fixed!

-Alex-

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that is based on the company not responding to the customers complaints/refunds/ext..

I've read that Alessandro is the same way (not responding to emails/phone calls.

All I care about is if I will receive the product (and in good shape).

It seems they mislead people into thinking they are buying new gear, when it is used and often damaged. It also seems to take ridiculously long to ship.

According to that mac forum, the address they give is the reported address of 100+ other companies, even though it is a somewhat small building according to google maps.
It all seems sketchy at best.

I would pay the extra ~$30 and buy from audiocubes, a dealer known to be reputable.

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 14
Apr 9, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 14
i had this same problem with my nike dunks.

I'll just end up the sj5's from audiocubes (i'm not paying more than $100 for a portable can with the risk of getting mugged or something)

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 14
Type in google:

gainsaver.com is a scam

And see what it comes up with. Apparently it's a fraud based on above posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back