Is this a good purchase!?
May 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Walter11

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody, long time browser first time poster. . .

I have been in the market for a new pair of headphones for a while. I am 18 years old and currently am rocking the Dr. Dre Solo headphones and am I excited to get rid of them, lol. It's quite often for me to just listen to the music from my LapTop speaker due to the lack of clarity that they provide. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $150 to $250 (just graduated high school) and I'm looking for an all around headset that I can use for 100% percent of my library. My favorite genres of music are Hip-Hop/Rap and EDM/Dubstep so in addition I'd like a headset that can hit all kinds of bass while not being "muddy" like the Beats by Dre.

I found a deal on the Ultrasone PRO 900 for $200 and was one second away from purchasing but then I thought I should consult the site where I learned about the headphones! What do you guys think? Is this is a good purchase for a novice headphone user? I don't have any type of amp or any knowledge of what they do + are these good for long listening sessions?

P.S. What are those charts that you guys commonly use to show the range of a headset? (I think you call them FR Graphs, idk)

Thanks so much and if this is the wrong forum section to post in then I'd really appreciate linking me in the right direction. 
wink_face.gif

May 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hey everybody, long time browser first time poster. . .

I have been in the market for a new pair of headphones for a while. I am 18 years old and currently am rocking the Dr. Dre Solo headphones and am I excited to get rid of them, lol. It's quite often for me to just listen to the music from my LapTop speaker due to the lack of clarity that they provide. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $150 to $250 (just graduated high school) and I'm looking for an all around headset that I can use for 100% percent of my library. My favorite genres of music are Hip-Hop/Rap and EDM/Dubstep so in addition I'd like a headset that can hit all kinds of bass while not being "muddy" like the Beats by Dre.

I found a deal on the Ultrasone PRO 900 for $200 and was one second away from purchasing but then I thought I should consult the site where I learned about the headphones! What do you guys think? Is this is a good purchase for a novice headphone user? I don't have any type of amp or any knowledge of what they do + are these good for long listening sessions?

P.S. What are those charts that you guys commonly use to show the range of a headset? (I think you call them FR Graphs, idk)

Thanks so much and if this is the wrong forum section to post in then I'd really appreciate linking me in the right direction. 
wink_face.gif

Here you go, cheers.

May 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 5
pro 900 are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back