Is there really a difference between the CM7 and CM7Ti?
Mar 3, 2006 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

blazer78

500+ Head-Fier
Just curious about the Sound quality differences. Some people say the bass on the CM7Ti is boomier compared to the Cm7. Although based on my research it hasn't really been proven. Can anyone here confirm which sounds better?

And damn buying earphones is addictive, i just received my ep-630's the other day and now i'm gonna order something much more expensive =( And to top it off, in Australia, everything is expensive!

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 12
oh and are the cm7's better than the AT EM9/EW9's ??

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #3 of 12
No, the difference is purely aesthetic, even the guy I contacted at AT said so, the titanium version looks nice but I couldn't bring myself to spend another $30 just for something that looks nicer, especially since the aluminum ones look pretty nice themself. As for the EW9 I've never really heard them, I listened to them for about five minutes in Japan and they sounded pretty nice but they didn't leave a lasting impression on me plus they weren't very comfortable so I bought the CM7s instead but they certainly looked nice and cnet had good things to say about them but idk I've stopped trusting them
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 12
lol, its titanium!

I guess if they're using the same drivers and the same styled housing, the difference, if at any, is very minimal.

Mar 9, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 12
Based on the structural difference of the housing, would it be possible that the way the casing is made (Use of materials) affects the sound? For example, plastic vibrates and it usually moves alot more as opposed to titanium being vibrated.

The difference may be slight... but i wonder..

If there indeed isn't a difference, i may as well get the aluminium sticks, since they look better than the titanium sticks in my opinion.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 12
I often say to myself, why do people on headfi love differences? Come-on, its just titanium and aluminium. How is it gonna make a difference when both metals are used so sparingly at such a small scale on some tweeny weenie stuff? Even if there was a difference, having a difference may not necessarily mean that one earphone is better sounding than the other. It may just be a different sound characteristic which i believe that the TI and Alu version would not even have. They are in fact the same when i contacted the AT guys about it. If you don't mind spending the little premium in getting some titaniums on your ears, then go ahead. If not, the aluminium versions seem better as they help save ur wallet
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 12
lol, help me decide...

CM7Ti or EM9 or EW9 ??

PS: I like the sound of my KSC75 =P

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78
lol, help me decide...

CM7Ti or EM9 or EW9 ??

PS: I like the sound of my KSC75 =P

Liking KSC75s?
You will be disappointed by all the above ATs.

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
earbuds suck

for portable, i'd have to agree even though i love the ec7. no isolation at all. i'm even disappointed with the ear canal types like the ex71 or ck7.

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #12 of 12
I don't really like canalphones, they give my eardrums a burning sensation after i take them off (say for 1-2 hour periods of listening). So IEMs would likely leave me with a similar experience.

Not that i need isolation, just need something portable, and good sounding.
My definition of "good sounding" is something with a decent amount of bass (i don't mind if theres too much of it either
orphsmile.gif
) , midrange presence, and it must also reproduce instrumental sounds accurately, with just the right amount of detail and clarity.

I know... IEM.. but i don't think that burning sensation i'm getting is doing me any good, and no i'm not cranking up my MP3 player at earsplitting volumes.

Headphones are nice.. just not my idea of a portable solution though
k1000smile.gif

Hence my final 3 choices are the ones stated above. I try hard not to waste money, but it seriously isn't working. bought 4 phones' in 3 weeks... arrggghh!
and now i'm about to buy another
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back