Is there a size limit on sigs?
Jul 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Duggeh

Indeed
Because Im fairly sure there used to be. But I see people like jamato8, with sigs that actually fill up a 1024x768 screen. And thats exaccerbated by the fact its chock full of large spaces (plus having links to content which is political in nature). I'm picking him as an example because he's a good one, but there are others who've got small novels clogging up forum users viewing.

What do others think of this?

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 41
What he's talking about:

Quote:

Jam aka Jama
The best person to lead you, is you.

PLEASE view Two days of protest in San Francisco: Two Days of Protests in San Francisco, California. Olympic Torch April 8-9, 2008 Photo Gallery by John Amato at pbase.com

My recent images on Chinese Digital Times: http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/03...-around-tibet/

Give voice and destiny back to Tibetans and all people in this shrinking world.

Judgement day has past, so is it heaven or is it hell?
If the one constant in life is change, will that change?

Photo gallery at: John Amato's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

Ultrasone Ed. 9 #1010

Predator- an exceptional portable, Woo 6 Modified-pseudo dual PS
New: iBasso Boa

Portable amp ratings: *1. a. Xin Reference 12,000uf, b. RSA Predator*2. iBasso P2 *2. Micro IV*3. Mini IV *3. SR71 *4. D1 iBasso upgraded amp *5. iBasso P1 (upgraded opamps) *6. C & C Box (good decay, tilted up high frequency, slightly synthetic) *8 iBasso T1 *9. iBasso T2*10. XTRA X-1 (warm not neutral, very musical) *11. LD M+ These amps are enjoyable to listen to and present a slightly different interpretation of the musical signal.
Portable monitor ratings: *1. PortaPros, KSC35 (modified-a great value) *2. Amadana P-117 bamboo *3. V-Moda Remix *4. UM2 (respond to top quality amplification) *5. OVC 8+
Source: iRiver H130,140, D303 optical out, D-EJ955, D-EJ1000, D-EJ2000, 25s, 25, D-303, D-777 and others (optical out if available)
Digital Conversion: Altoid tin Monica Dac I, Altoid tin Monica II Asynchronous Reclocking Dac.
Headphone Amplifiers: iBasso D1, IV Micro, IV Mini, Xin Reference, SM3B, SuperMacro V LE, SM3 V6 Xin (IV all switches), XRTA X-1, LD Micro +, LD Micro Tube, C&C Box, iBasso P1, P2, D1, D2, Woo 3 Modified-Siemens 6922 driver, 7236 power tube, Woo 6 Modified -
Headphones: Ultra Ed. 9, HD650, Ultrasone 750, HFI780, PortaPro modified, KSC35, Equation RP-21, Westone UM2
Tube Testers Hickok 539C (digital meters), Hickok 539C like new, TV 7A, 7B, 7D, TV 10, Hick. 6000, 600 & orig Hickok 1924.

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 41
I learned to tune sigs long ago, if it's really issue can always turn them off. Sure, you'll miss such gems as "No Fat Chicks" and "My other amp is a Millennium Falcon", but it's worth it. (I should probably turn them off myself)

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I learned to tune sigs long ago, if it's really issue can always turn them off. Sure, you'll miss such gems as "No Fat Chicks" and "My other amp is a Millennium Falcon", but it's worth it. (I should probably turn them off myself)

lol.

Yeah, just turn them off.

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 41
There SHOULD be a size limit on sigs. I had them turned off prior to the Great Outage of 2007, but just never got around to turning them off again. And....just did it. Much better. Thanks for the reminder Douglas!

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Also, overtly political items are not allowed on this site.

Yeah, I seen a few those (both politics and religion). Even one or two FS posts built-in to the sigs, done to circumvent the FS/FT forum requirements.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I seen a few those (both politics and religion). Even one or two FS posts built-in to the sigs, done to circumvent the FS/FT forum requirements.

Circumventing the FS forum is a lawn-burnable offense.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 41
Pretty much everything is a lawn-burnable offense. Lawn-burning is a lawn-burnable offense.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #13 of 41
It also has to do with the amount of crap that's underneath avatars. This forum isn't so bad but some I've seen have customizable content and can get much bigger than oversized sigs.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #14 of 41
Whats your profile for, if all your equipment is in your signature?
Put the equipment in your profile and your quotes in your signature.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #15 of 41
At the end of the day does it REALLY matter? You have to scroll an extra 3 clicks to get to the next post on even the largest signatures.

NOT that I'm not advocating for clear regulations (as I'm always for clear and concise rules when they're in place), but it seems like a really nitpicky topic to bring up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back