Is the Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 changed?
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jimmy80

Head-Fier
Hi,

I own 2 pair of Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 that I hade for several years now, one home and one at the office. This model is now discounted at Amazon so I bought a spare. There was some glue remains on the first pair so they sent a new, before sending it back I decided to try them both out and compare with my home pair. I was expecting them to sound the same but there is a much deeper enclosing bass in my home pair!? We could notice some variation also between the 2 new but not vary big.

X2HR_00-IMS-sv_SE

I know that some claim that headphones and speakers have to be broken in for several hours but tests have been made where it was proven wrong, so, could Philips have changed the setup of the headphone?

I did notice that the earmuffs and the frame was a lot stiffer on both the new pairs, its clear that the home pare have some wear.

Regards

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 5
I have owned 4-5 pairs of X1 and X2 over the years and they all sounded different. About as much as 4-6dB in the bass from the bass-lightest to the bass-heaviest pair. Which was the most noticable change. It's product variation which happens in cheaper (and sadly not that cheap) headphones. But pads might also play a role. Note that my pairs were never heavily used since i rotate headphones quite alot so pad wear didn't apply to my own comparisons.

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Production variation is definitely a potential factor as well as the pads. Not only potential changes in pad design, but also new vs old pads, since as they wear in they will conform better to your head and seal better, which can make a difference especially in bass response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back