Is the Massdrop O2/ODAC good?
May 19, 2017 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Zenrap518

100+ Head-Fier
Some time ago, i bought PSB M4U 1's which sound great, but i was looking to get a bit more out of them. I did some research saw the O2/ODAC on Massdrop. Would this be good for low-impedance headphones like the PSB's and in the future, something like the Sennheiser HD650's? And also, on Massdrop, there was one report of the power supply exploding! I am a bit scared to get this because of that report. So, is this a good DAC/AMP for $200? And how does the Schiit Stack 2 compare to this? I plan to keep the O2/ODAC until it breaks. Thanks!
:)

-Zen

May 20, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 8
Some time ago, i bought PSB M4U 1's which sound great, but i was looking to get a bit more out of them. I did some research saw the O2/ODAC on Massdrop. Would this be good for low-impedance headphones like the PSB's and in the future, something like the Sennheiser HD650's? And also, on Massdrop, there was one report of the power supply exploding! I am a bit scared to get this because of that report. So, is this a good DAC/AMP for $200? And how does the Schiit Stack 2 compare to this? I plan to keep the O2/ODAC until it breaks. Thanks!
:)

-Zen
The ODAC/O2 sold by Massdrop should be just as good as any other ODAC/O2, made by someone else.
I'm sure a lot of powersupplys are mass produced in China, for a lot of different products and once in a while one of the power supplies will explode.

May 30, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 8
How do you think the PSB's would sound with the Amp/Dac? My psb's are slightly too bright for me and im worried that the O2/ODAC will increase the brightmess...
If these sound like any other O2's I've heard then yes they all have been pretty bright to me.

May 30, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Sorry I don't most in this price range tend to be bright as far as I know I haven't heard everyone of them. If you can find a Teac UD-301 used it will fit the bill though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back