Is the HD 650 for me?
Jul 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #77 of 80
Quote:
This isn't an "unwashed mases" argument though - it's psychology. We humans will preference louder sounds in those kinds of comparisons, because they are louder, and similarly there have been tests done that show larger screens/images are more appealing, resolution invariant. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with that.  I agree with what your saying.  Music like early Metallica sounds really good but you need to turn the volume knob up, when people need to turn something up they automatically think there is something wrong.  I've seen it happen many times, I usually hear the comment that the band needs to remaster that older album to make it sound better.

I apologize for commenting off-topic... again. 
redface.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #78 of 80
I'm not saying anything is wrong with that.  I agree with what your saying.  Music like early Metallica sounds really good but you need to turn the volume knob up, when people need to turn something up they automatically think there is something wrong.  I've seen it happen many times, I usually hear the comment that the band needs to remaster that older album to make it sound better.

I apologize for commenting off-topic... again.  :xf_eek:

At the risk of talking past each other - I don't get the "they automatically think there is something wrong" bit - I've actually never experienced that. Now of course if you're running at +30 dB (out of a range of say, -85 to +30), and still have no output, yeah, something is wrong. But just having to ride up the volume control a bit; I don't get why that's so bad.

Then again, this seems intuitive to me, and if there's sticky posts about it, apparently it isn't intuitive to everyone:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58829

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #79 of 80
Quote:
At the risk of talking past each other - I don't get the "they automatically think there is something wrong" bit - I've actually never experienced that. Now of course if you're running at +30 dB (out of a range of say, -85 to +30), and still have no output, yeah, something is wrong. But just having to ride up the volume control a bit; I don't get why that's so bad.
Then again, this seems intuitive to me, and if there's sticky posts about it, apparently it isn't intuitive to everyone:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58829

I don't understand why turning up the knob is bad to them either but some of my friends and family sure think they shouldn't need to.  I usually end up showing them Sound Check in iTunes and all is well with them then.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #80 of 80
Quote:
I fell off my chair after seeing the prices of the T1 and D7000. I had no idea they were more than double what I want to spend.

Thoughts on the D2000, DT990 (open back model), and SRH 1440 compared to the DT880/250?

DT990 are very bright sometimes harsh but have great details so i sold mine. Tried DT880 and compared to DT990 and while they had no brightness problem but details while here were not as good as DT990. I never heard SRH1440 so can't comment. Since you considering DT990 you should look into T70 too
I also understand money issue but i would rather increase budget if possible or get used from on sale forum T70, D5000 than DT990 or D2000 new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back