Is the Equinox cable good?
Mar 17, 2003 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Patrick82

Banned
How big difference do you get when you change to Equinox from the stock cable?
I have Sennheiser HD590.

Someone said it is easier to hear a difference with front and back sound, is it true? How is this possible?

Mar 17, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

How big difference do you get when you change to Equinox from the stock cable?

Night/Day....in my opinion. At least with the HD600s that I have.

Mar 17, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Night/Day....in my opinion. At least with the HD600s that I have.

Ditto

wink.gif

Mar 18, 2003 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 10
Will there be a bigger difference in sound quality with an amp or with an Equinox cable? My HD 590 are very easily driven from my soundcard, I only use 14% max volume for music.

Does an amp change the soundstage or only the Equinox cable?

Mar 18, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Patrick82
Will there be a bigger difference in sound quality with an amp or with an Equinox cable? My HD 590 are very easily driven from my soundcard, I only use 14% max volume for music.

Does an amp change the soundstage or only the Equinox cable?

I haven't heard the Equinox cable so take my comments with a grain of salt. I do own the Cardas replacement cable for the Senn. HD580. And while I think it makes a considerable improvement in my system I think an amp upgrade from a soundcard to say a META42 would be more significant.

I've always believed that unless you own the pinnacle in hardware the majority of your budget is better spent on things like amps and sources. But that's just my opinion. Now, you may have other considerations such as limited space that prohibit purchasing additional gear. In that case cable upgrades may be your best bet.

Mar 18, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 10
Will there be a bigger difference in sound quality with an amp or with an Equinox cable?
Patrick;
An amp will provide a major sound quality improvement. Get an amp first.
The stock Senn cable is OK. However the Equinox to Senn 600’s is fantastic. Much better than stock or a Clou blue cable.

Mar 18, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 10
I've tried the Equinox 590. They make a worthwhile difference and definite improvement in sound for the money. The Equinox 580/600, on the other hand, made the 600 sound worse to my ears.

Mar 19, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #10 of 10
Yes, it is good. Pretty much any of the upgrade cables are better than the stock cable. Significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back