Is the Alessandro website legit?!?!
Jan 18, 2010 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

cruizin caleb

100+ Head-Fier
Alessandro High-End Products

My brother and I were going to order the Alessandro MS1 headphones for my dad's birthday. When my bro went to order them he got all types of security warnings (which he has never gotten before... and he buys things online quite often)

Where else can these headphones be bought from...? or is this safe?

my main question...

has anyone else bought these headphones from this site?

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 17
Their site is fine and secure. Depending on your browser and your security settings, you may or may not get security warnings. But people buy from Alessandro site regularly.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 17
Lots of people have. If you're getting it for his birthday I wouldn't order direct from alessandro as they can have huge delays (grado is slow enough by itself). You're better off getting it from a place you know has them in stock if you want them by a certain date IMO.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 17
Keep in mind, however, that shipping is free through Alessandro to pretty much anywhere in the world. But yes, they can take forever to get to you.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 17
It's a front for the Russian mob. Your system has already been hijacked.

Seriously though, Alessandro's website is absolutely 100% legitimate. As others have mentioned ordering from them can involve slow order processing. If you need a headphone delivered by a certain date I wouldn't count on them. Unfortunately there are only two places you can buy Alessandro headphones - from Alessandro's website or used. They're not sold anywhere else.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 17
Like everyone else said.

I contacted Alessandro (through email); it took 1 day, but...

They haven't renewed their certificate.

It is trusted.

Hope your dad likes the MS1!

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 17
I filled the shopping cart with more headphones than I can afford. When going to https to complete the shopping it gives a certificate error. Good thing I got the error. It saved me some money.
ph34r.gif

Quote:

Alessandro High-End Products uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
The certificate is only valid for hera.gti.net
The certificate expired on 6/2/2005 2:34 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

A google search and a search on the forum here shows that's been the case for at least several years. The risk is that "hera.gti.net" could be a man in the middle and intercept the https traffic. It's not. The certificate there has been that way for years with no problems. Not ideal but not a critical problem. The https will still be encrypted. You just have to trust that you're being connected to the right server and not a man in the middle.

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 17
hey guys thanks for the confirmation of its safety. his bday was january 9th, but being poor college kids emptied out from christmas we needed to reload so we put a pic of the headphones in his card. he is pretty excited! i'm sure it will be worth the wait

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #12 of 17
smile.gif
And I like your profile picture. "In December, drinkin' horchata..."
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruizin caleb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys thanks for the confirmation of its safety. his bday was january 9th, but being poor college kids emptied out from christmas we needed to reload so we put a pic of the headphones in his card. he is pretty excited! i'm sure it will be worth the wait

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 17
I had the same questions, ordered mine from the website about two weeks ago. It took 2-3 days for them to charge my CC, then about 10 days transit time from USA - Australia. Pretty good really, I say go for it.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #14 of 17
yeh, website is fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by robjrock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same questions, ordered mine from the website about two weeks ago. It took 2-3 days for them to charge my CC, then about 10 days transit time from USA - Australia. Pretty good really, I say go for it.

10 days to australia sounds right. Transit to australia usually takes 2 weeks for me (for standard/first class usps, express about 3 days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back