Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
May 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #451 of 467
Quote:
I am suprised that the tera player doesn't advertise the lack of any type of screen as a feature to improve sound quality.

Seriously have people ACTUALLY bought one of those? Has anyone actually paid 1600 euros?!?!?

I think Swimsonny did, not sure.

May 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #452 of 467
Quote:
I am suprised that the tera player doesn't advertise the lack of any type of screen as a feature to improve sound quality.

Seriously have people ACTUALLY bought one of those? Has anyone actually paid 1600 euros?!?!?

I think Swimsonny did, not sure.

May 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #456 of 467
For the last time. Lets drop it. You are still missing the entire point. I expressed discontentment at the product.

You expressed discontentment at the product despite having absolutely no experience of it.

I don't need to hear it to know that it doesn't have magical qualities.

You do need to hear it to claim any of the following:

it has no audible differences from another player

it does have audible differences from another player

it sounds dull

you can hear a high frequency roll off

Maybe you do or maybe you equate audible transparency to magic

The only claims of audible transparency in this thread have been made by you, in reference to the Sansa Clip+.

Yet again:

I have made no claims about the player. None.

I have made no magical claims. My single claim is that because I haven't heard the player I do not know how it sounds. This is a very solid position which requires no explanation.

Claims of the ability to assess sound quality of unheard objects are not solid and are extraordinary and do require evidence. That evidence should be verifiable. Negative remarks about my character do not constitute evidence of your ability to assess sound quality of unheard objects.

....your behavioural issues.

Another negative personal characterisation, or in plain English an insult. If you want to "drop it" you could begin by refraining from offering disparaging personal remarks in place of data that supports your extraordinary claims.

May 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #457 of 467
Quote:
You expressed discontentment at the product despite having absolutely no experience of it.
You do need to hear it to claim any of the following:

it has no audible differences from another player

it does have audible differences from another player

it sounds dull

you can hear a high frequency roll off
The only claims of audible transparency in this thread have been made by you, in reference to the Sansa Clip+.

Yet again:

I have made no claims about the player. None.

I have made no magical claims. My single claim is that because I haven't heard the player I do not know how it sounds. This is a very solid position which requires no explanation.

Claims of the ability to assess sound quality of unheard objects are not solid and are extraordinary and do require evidence. That evidence should be verifiable. Negative remarks about my character do not constitute evidence of your ability to assess sound quality of unheard objects.
Another negative personal characterisation, or in plain English an insult. If you want to "drop it" you could begin by refraining from offering disparaging personal remarks in place of data that supports your extraordinary claims.

An audibly transparent DAP will sound no different from another audibly transparent source.... And with regards to other statements, I have already explained multiple times. Never said I could assess the sound quality regarding specifics. Note the use of 'if anything' there will be less etc etc... I am really getting tired of this.

I never linked your character to my ability to assess the SQ accurately, which I never even once claimed that I was capable. It was in fact you that linked character to the scientific discussion that was taking place at the beginning. I offered no disparaging personal remarks other than that your discussions are often quite disturbing and derogatory in nature and other people think so too. Please stop being hypocritical and stop putting words in my mouth. I have already clarified myself many times to no avail. If I somehow still offended you I am sorry.

May 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #459 of 467
Quote:
I can't think of any other industry where expectation bias is exploited so much. 

I guess this is because there is not really any other human sense which is susceptable to expectation bias... TV's / Visual for example this does not really work. Hearing however and perception of audio can change dramatically with things like expectation bias, mental state etc.

May 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #460 of 467
Quote:

I guess this is because there is not really any other human sense which is susceptable to expectation bias... TV's / Visual for example this does not really work. Hearing however and perception of audio can change dramatically with things like expectation bias, mental state etc.

Audio and wine. XD And of course many other placebos in other fields, but they are nowhere near as strong and consistent as in audio. Maybe to do with evolution?

May 29, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #465 of 467
Quote:
Your eloquence is as impressive as your capacity for insightful comment and your personal charm. Were these irresistable qualities bestowed on you by nature's blessing or did you perhaps attend one of the famous Swiss finishing schools?

His comment may lack eloquence, but it doesn't lack potency. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back