Is Radius HP-TWF21(DDM2) right choice for me ?
Jun 12, 2011 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

1235sam

New Head-Fier
Time for upgrade ! Currently I use Hippo VB and I am very satisfied with it. I mostly listen to trance so good bass impact,sub bass,fast pace is the most important factor me. At the same time I expect reasonable performance throughout the rest of the spectrum. Trance is such complicated genre to reproduce - very few headphones make it sound right. I found Hippo VB good enough. Now I am looking for an upgrade - something which sounds better than VB without loosing its main trait - Bass quality and the impact(atleast should match VB in quantity if not more). Form factor does not matter much as I listen at home. From the available options my choices were Audio Technica ATH-A900,M-50,Radius HP-TWF21(DDM2),DDM1 .Currently I am leaning towards DDM2. I have following questions before I make my decision final

1)I ruled out Audio Technica M-50 because I heard its bass impact is not as much as VB. Also it sounds good unamped. My question is if I use amp , will M-50 provide better overall SQ than DDM2 ?

2)Can anyone compare VB with DDM2. Is it really worth the upgrade ? How is the bass performance of DDM2 compared to VB. Does it at least provides bass impact as much as VB?

3)Is there any other worthy upgrade to VB?

Jun 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Time for upgrade ! Currently I use Hippo VB and I am very satisfied with it. I mostly listen to trance so good bass impact,sub bass,fast pace is the most important factor me. At the same time I expect reasonable performance throughout the rest of the spectrum. Trance is such complicated genre to reproduce - very few headphones make it sound right. I found Hippo VB good enough. Now I am looking for an upgrade - something which sounds better than VB without loosing its main trait - Bass quality and the impact(atleast should match VB in quantity if not more). Form factor does not matter much as I listen at home. From the available options my choices were Audio Technica ATH-A900,M-50,Radius HP-TWF21(DDM2),DDM1 .Currently I am leaning towards DDM2. I have following questions before I make my decision final

1)I ruled out Audio Technica M-50 because I heard its bass impact is not as much as VB. Also it sounds good unamped. My question is if I use amp , will M-50 provide better overall SQ than DDM2 ?

2)Can anyone compare VB with DDM2. Is it really worth the upgrade ? How is the bass performance of DDM2 compared to VB. Does it at least provides bass impact as much as VB?

3)Is there any other worthy upgrade to VB?

Radius DDM2 is well worth the upgrade to VBs and work quite well for music with lots of Bass, specially at the promo Sale   MusicaAcoustics.com is offering this week: $200 plus SH.
BTW, just tried accessing the site of MusicaAcoustics.com and it is down, so it could be the sale is over now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back