Is my onboard sound "Enough"?
Dec 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Plexon

Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I just puruchased a blue spark XLR microphone, a scarlett solo preamp, and a ATH-A900X set of cans.

I was going to get the SBZ but I remembered that the microphone attaches via USB, so I wouldnt be able to implement my Blue Spark into my sound card. 

I have a z87-G45 motherboard, which comes with onboard audio.

Is that onboard audio "good enough" to power the Blue Spark and the ATH-A900X's?

Also, would the scarlett solo interfere with anything?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 6
  I just purchased a blue spark XLR microphone, a Scarlett Solo preamp, and a ATH-A900X set of cans.
I was going to get the SB-Z but I remembered that the microphone attaches via USB, so I wouldn't be able to implement my Blue Spark into my sound card. 
I have a z87-G45 motherboard, which comes with on-board audio.
Is that on-board audio "good enough" to power the Blue Spark and the ATH-A900X's?
Also, would the Scarlett solo interfere with anything?

I would assume you would plug both the Blue spark and A900X into the Scarlett Solo?

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 6
  Yes, most likely. But I'm wondering- Will I still be using the onboard sounds audio features?

If you plug the microphone and a900x into the Scarlett Solo and the Solo connects using USB, you will be bypassing the motherboard's on-board audio.
Or you could plug the Microphone into the computer's USB port and the A900X directly into the on-board audio and not use the Solo.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 6
  Can I plug the mic into the solo which will go into the USB, then plug the headphones into a port ON the PC?

That seem like it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back