Is Lyr a good match for Hifiman -HE 5LE's ???
Jul 22, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eclein

1000+ Head-Fier

I put in an order for some Hifiman- HE 5LE's- and a Schiit Lyr amp....does anyone here have that combo?? Does it sound like a good match, I know I'm in the wrong threads for phones but If I put this in phones they will tell me go to amps and it will be back and forth for days...LOL. So speculate, does this sound like a kick ass combo????

Thanks

Ed

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm currently sporting the HE-500s in conjunction with the Lyr.  I think you'll be happier than a pig in poop.
atsmile.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 7
That sounds wonderful...LOL.....Thanks ROPE

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 7
How is it with Grados, Denons and ATHs - does it drive them well... or... does it have too much power for them?

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
How is it with Grados, Denons and ATHs - does it drive them well... or... does it have too much power for them?

It's very accomplished with the Denons, although you want to be careful when powering up the Lyr with low impedance HFs.

I turn the Lyr volume knob to zero before connecting the AH-DM5000s.

Jul 24, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 7
I love the Lyr with my HE-6s...I'd recommend the NOS GE 6BZ7 tubes to order with the amp. You can then tube roll from there (but you'd be hard pressed to find something better for 2-3x the price of those tubes IMO).

Plenty of power but delicate enough to reveal the tiny details in a recording. Very balanced and neutral sounding amp....a great buy IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back