Is it expected that memory foam tips will tamp down the highs?
Aug 31, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 17
I recently got Panasonic RZ-S500W's and I love the sound - good bass, excellent mids, spacious. But the stock tips are uncomfortable, there's no way to wear them for more than an hour (though it does seem to get a bit more tolerable over time).

I decided to try Comply TW-400-C's first as I'd used Complys before for a pair of cheap earbuds and found them comfortable for long periods.

They finally arrived and my first impression is that the spaciousness disappeared and the mids & highs lost a bit of their clarity (or maybe they didn't & it's just hte lack of spaciousness, which is like some missing sense of 'air'). Bass seems boosted slightly. It's disappointing, to say the least, but it is waaaay more comfortable.

Is this to be expected?
Did you get some of those ear tips? I am also interested in buying them.I recently bought the s500w

Dec 21, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 17
Did you get some of those ear tips? I am also interested in buying them.I recently bought the s500w
I'm sorry, I didn't receive a notification for this. I bought Symbio Fs and and they were MUCH better. No treble attenuation & comfy overall.
I just got the Beats Fits Pros (they were free, I couldn't turn them down) and need to see if the Symbios will work with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back