Is Audiovalve still going?
Dec 14, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #31 of 43
What would the dealers do with RMA requests if Audiovalve shuts down completely in the near future?
It depends on what kind of RMA.
If you are still within the refund period of the dealers you should still be able return a for a refund.
But RMA for repair/warranty, there is really nothing the dealers can do when the manufacturer being irresponsible.
Like many"lifetime warranty", "lifetime membership", "lifetime pass" etc, means only the company's lifetime, or worse yet, only the product's lifetime.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #32 of 43
It depends on what kind of RMA.
If you are still within the refund period of the dealers you should still be able return a for a refund.
But RMA for repair/warranty, there is really nothing the dealers can do when the manufacturer being irresponsible.
Like many"lifetime warranty", "lifetime membership", "lifetime pass" etc, means only the company's lifetime, or worse yet, only the product's lifetime.
Well guess it's a GG for me.:k701smile:

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #33 of 43
What would the dealers do with RMA requests if Audiovalve shuts down completely in the near future?
What happened for me: nothing. I am still desperately trying to contact them. I would love being able to tell a different story

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #34 of 43
What happened for me: nothing. I am still desperately trying to contact them. I would love being able to tell a different story
Are you trying to get something repaired? I saw that some international distributors still have new models coming from Audiovalve for whatever reason. Company end of career garage sale?:triportsad:

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 43
GG = Good Game?? Anyway, this is the case with all small companies, they are one or two man shows. It is the same with Dan Clark stuff, ZMF ... to name a few. Only that here the inevitable has happened already.
No I am stuck with my 4 months old amp with two more years of ghost support lol. I suppose my situation is a bit better than if someone needs to get their headphones repaired but cannot source the drivers anymore.

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #37 of 43
GG = Good Game?? Anyway, this is the case with all small companies, they are one or two man shows. It is the same with Dan Clark stuff, ZMF ... to name a few. Only that here the inevitable has happened already.
I'm guessing Kevin Gilmore's Grounded Grid electrostatic amp, in place of the multi-function AudioValve amp that had electrostatic outs.

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #38 of 43
GG = guessing game

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #39 of 43
Well I hope that Herr Becker can come out the other side of this and produce more of his excellent designed amps, even if he has to create a new company name if Audio Valve is now аудио клапан. :)

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #40 of 43
Dear friends,

it seems nobody has noticed over here, so it is with much sadness that I would like to let you know that Helmut Becker has passed away on March 3. of this year.

Helmut and I have known each other for many years and he will be remembered as one of the kindest people I've ever met. He was a most gentle and humble person with a strong passion for audio. His smile will be missed.

Jan

May 19, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #43 of 43
This is very sad indeed, he has always been very helpful and it felt like he was a real gentleman. Thoughts to his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back