Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2?
Apr 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

118R3volution

New Head-Fier
Good morning gents, 

These look like very interesting hybrids and I am curious to  know if anyone has experience with them? Possibly how they would compare to the XBA-40 and if they would be source dependent? 

I believe they are the same as the XBA-H1 with a 13.5mm driver instead of a 9mm driver? I'm not really a fan of the XBA-H3 as they are over the ear only. 

The Buy It Now prices on eBay are sitting between $330 and $275 CDN right now. 

I actually really like the red and black flat cable. What do you head-fi'ers think? 

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 4
May 13, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi-

To answer your question, yes, I do have the XBA-H2's... based on the lack of reviews online, i believe I am one of the few that have them.
Ordered them from Japan on eBay back in beginning of April 2014 and have been using them about the past month and a half.
Now i am not quite as tech-savvy as most of the members of this site, but I have been a loooong time loyal Sony guy and have had:

- EX-85LP's

- EX-500LP's

- EX-510LP's

Now I have not had a chance to give them a back-to-back comparison against other headphones, but so far I am very pleased with them.  They are definitely larger than the previous 3 I've had, but that is to be expected given there is much more, and supposedly better technology in the H2's. 
I rode a streetbike for many years, and the EX's were nice because they were small enough to fit my helmet over.  However I no longer have a bike, so that is no longer a consideration, as they are now relegated to gym use and outdoor running etc... For being as large as they are, they stay in my ears pretty well while running on pavement and the sound is great.
I am still trying to get to an electronics store so I can give them back-to-back comparisons with other manufacturers high-end headphones, so I can hear for myself where the H2's excel or lack.
Fit and finish is great and the black canvas carrying pouch is high-quality as well.
Once i get to compare them to other headphones I will post a follow-up review. Thanks!

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi,

Very muddy, gummy bass. The balanced armature can't keep up with the overwhelming bass coming from the larger D-driver, and therefore fails to provide any sense of clarity or any semblance of proportionate presence in the mids and highs. I'm hoping for some change through burn-in...

I would not recommend you buy this IEM; much better sound can be had for less cash (e.g.: SE215, Yamaha EPH100).

Build quality is the same as the other hybrids in sony's H-line - pretty solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back