Is anyone building the KGSSHV?
Aug 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #453 of 499
You can read lots of posts at the other head forum. As for Geoff's builds (headinclouds) I can vouch for that.
I got him to build me a KGSShv and it's awesome, top quality build, nice casework and it sounds fantastic.

I reckon Geoff's KGST will be to the same high standard. He has a design for the exterior. Maybe you should
PM him for a copy to see.

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #455 of 499
Voltage, bigger mains transformer, higher voltage rails to 450v from around 350v, various other part changes and board changes.
Quite a different amplifier. Also the head-Amp KGSS will not be the same as a DIY build of that design. I presume you are referring to the head-amp KGSS? Also the KGSS is on-board heat-sinks, there is an on-board KGSShv and an off-board KGSShv, the later has more amps in the power supply.

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #456 of 499
Voltage, bigger mains transformer, higher voltage rails to 450v from around 350v, various other part changes and board changes.
Quite a different amplifier. Also the head-Amp KGSS will not be the same as a DIY build of that design. I presume you are referring to the head-amp KGSS? Also the KGSS is on-board heat-sinks, there is an on-board KGSShv and an off-board KGSShv, the later has more amps in the power supply.

Thanks! Yes I was indeed referring to the HeadAmp KGSS.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #460 of 499
Goodness gracious, this is too tempting! Reading this thread makes me want to build a KGSSHV so bad.

I've had mine for just over a year and it still has me extremely happy with what I'm hearing from my SR-009s and SR-007MkI's. 
L3000.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #463 of 499
Figured I should show my latest hv build. 450V/10mA output current, uses the old semis. Considerably smaller and lighter than my old hv as well.

And just for comparison, the new on top of my old hv which is now in purk's hands.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #465 of 499
  Figured I should show my latest hv build. 450V/10mA output current, uses the old semis. Considerably smaller and lighter than my old hv as well.

And just for comparison, the new on top of my old hv which is now in purk's hands.

Props to you sir -- I heard the bottom amp on that stack, and it's now the best I've heard the SR-009 short of Purk's DIY T2. I could listen to it endlessly with the SR-009 and/or SR-007 Mk I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back