Is a Nuforce uDac really necessary???????
Jul 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xxmastaxx

100+ Head-Fier
I have a rockboxed sansa clip+ and Audio Technica M50s headphones and FLAC audio. Should i buy a Nuforce icon u Dac? I need something portable that i can use on the go. What is so different between digital sound and analog sound? Why buy separate amps and DAC when i could just buy them all-in-one? Is there a LOD for the clip?

if this help i listen to dance, r&b and pop

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 8
Well for starters the uDAC isn't exactly portable in the same sense. You need a netbook or laptop to make it transportable since it is powered by usb only.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 8
Not worth it. I don't think you fully understand how the uDac works, it can't really be paired with a DAP. It's a DAC for your computer.
Also the Clip+ has no line out, meaning no LODs can or will work.
It really defeats the purpose of having a Clip+ then pairing it with an amp. You're better off getting a better player.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 8
DACs are silly, and the clip+ is pretty much the best you'll get in portable audio. You don't need anything besides rockbox, unless your headphones can't go loud enough powered directly from the clip.

If you have a portable media player and are lugging around a dac or amp to use with it, it's not exactly portable anymore, as well. Don't go that route seriously.

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 8
I think that ath-m50 amp isnt really needed. Im basing on its spec's, not by experience.
Clip+ is great dap.
uDac is very cheap, so I think the best way to see if its needed, is just buying it.
If you wont like it, you could return it using return policy or you could sell it for a bit less.
You wont loose on it. Better, you will gain more experience :wink:

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #6 of 8
If you are planning to use a laptop as a source often then uDAC is a great buy, but if not then there's not much reason to get it from portability perspective.   

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 8
what about udac for comp?

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 8
As a stationary PC USB DAC/amp it is still a great choice for a DAC/amp in its price range, one of the best.  But of course if you can afford highe prices then there's much better to be had elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back