Is a good idea to Markl mod HD25-1-ii? How does the cable affect the SQ? Could it be better than the Amperior?
May 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Chezzy79

100+ Head-Fier
So I just looked at the innerfidelity review of the Amperior, but based on what Ive seen from other impressions I don't find it convincing that they have made much of an upgrade besides the aluminum cup, the damping design, and the copper cable.  

I can't say anything for certain since it's not out yet, but it looks like Sennheiser is trying to jump on the Beats bandwagon in terms pricing and styling. Amperior definitely doesn't sound like a worthy $150 upgrade ($220 upgrade from street price) from HD25-1-ii  , and it seems like the SQ changes seen in the Innerfidelity review can be replicated with slight modification in the cup and/or upgraded cable.

So do you think it is possible to modify a pair of HD25-1-ii's to surpass the sound quality of the Amperior?  Since the driver looks almost identical, if you Markl mod and swap the cable to a copper or silver wire, the sound quality should be equal to/better than the amperior.  Even kees mod might be applicable in this case (although not likely)

I'm not an experienced modder, but I've done some Markl modding before with some Pro 900's.  Do you think this could be successful?  I might buy a used pair of HD25's in order to just give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back