Irish Folk! (Classic and Rock)
Oct 2, 2010 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Landis

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm a big fan of Irish folk, both newer rock/punk bands like The Pogues, Flogging Molly, The Tossers, Dropkick Murphys and mostly of the classic balladeers like The Dubliners (and each of their solo careers, with the exception of Patsy Watchorn), The Wolfetones, The Irish Brigade, Athenrye, Christy Moore and a few other artists who are associated with the fore mention performers.

Any other fans out there? Also, any recommendations of some wonderful performers out there?

/lib/ckeditor/images/spacer.gif?t=A8LE4JO

/lib/ckeditor/images/spacer.gif?t=A8LE4JO

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 13
I would like to see some responses, I mean I love the Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly. I looked at the other Irish Rock thread, and the only band I really found similar to the Dropkick Murphy's (I like their style) was the Real McKenzies. Did I just not look hard enough, or is that a real original style?

Apparently the Dropkick Murphy's voacalist has a band with a couple of guys from Mighty Mighty Bosstones (good ska band) called Street Dogs which I checked out, they aren't too bad.

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 13
Got a problem seeing the videos. Guess you're using Firefox?

I am mostly into pure folk and world music, but here's some of my Irish favorites:

Drop Kick Murphy's 

The Corrs

Thin Lizzy

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Yes, actually! When did video linking through the board stop working with Firefox? Embeding doesn't work either, wha happan?

I had heard Toss the Feathers before, but that's sadly the only song I like from The Corrs.

Normally I am using Firefox, but to embed videos I am using Opera 10.61.
Embedding videos using version 3.6.9 of Firefox and upwards doesn't work on this forum yet.

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:

Normally I am using Firefox, but to embed videos I am using Opera 10.61.
Embedding videos using version 3.6.9 of Firefox and upwards doesn't work on this forum yet.

Strange, I didn't even notice the links were broken until reading your reply!

Well some good ol' fashioned linking here...

The Dubliners - The Ballad of St. Anne's Reel

The Dubliners - Oro se do Bheatha Bhaile

The Tossers - Siobhan

Irish Stew of Sindidun (Serbian celtic folk-rock)

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 13
Dec 12, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Well, if you're a fan of Scottish folk, surely you'll appreciated this (I believe us Irish claimed this, but it was originally a Scottish folk song):

Very good, thanks for the links. As far as Celtic Rock goes I only seem to know a few artists, albeit ones I like a lot. I'm going to see Runrig on Tuesday, they're always good live.

Also a few others I like if anyone's interested:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back