iPod weirdness: artists disappearing!
Dec 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

VicAjax

Headphoneus Supremus
The strangest thing has been happening lately. Entire artists are disappearing from my iPod, as though the folder has just been being deleted. I'm sure I nor anyone else is doing this.

Could it be HD failure? A bug? Anyone?

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 13
Check iTunes, as it is usually to blame for these nonsensical occurrences.

-Nkk

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 13
that's pretty much *****, if it's iTunes. i don't even sync with it. i just use it to load up music... don't even keep my library on the computer.

bastards.

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 13
Could be either one I guess. Failing iPod, bug, ... or simply the fact that you do not use iTunes to add files to the iPod.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 13
ok... looked again and here's what's up.

the albums show up, when i browse by album. but when i browse on my iPod by artist, it doesn't. this is happening with two or three different artists.

when i plug into iTunes, everything appears as normal.

very odd.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 13
Macs....they just work.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lozanoa11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Macs....they just work.

All the items in the Mac family mesh well together.

However, when you decide you want a change and venture beyond Steve's playground, stuff stops working.

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the items in the Mac family mesh well together.

However, when you decide you want a change and venture beyond Steve's playground, stuff stops working.

+1. I have used Mac systems before, and aside from being constantly agitated by the annoying OS, integration is superb. But the closed off mentality is what I loathe (in any system, really), and thus I do not use them.

Are you sure your ID3 tags have the artist filled in? That may cause this issue.

=Nkk

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 13
There seems to be a syncing problem with iTunes 9. I am having trouble with my 80gb Classic. I don't think I am the only one. Watch for an update soon.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by betweentheears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There seems to be a syncing problem with iTunes 9. I am having trouble with my 80gb Classic. I don't think I am the only one. Watch for an update soon.

From Electricpig.co.uk

After weeks of silence, Apple has officially told us it’s looking into the myriad iTunes 9 syncing issues iPod classic and nano owners have been complaining about to us. An Apple spokesman contacted us this morning, stating, “We are aware of the issue and are investigating.”

It’s a marked change from Cupertino’s previous stance, with the world’s biggest jukebox purveyor saying it had no comment on our previous reports of readers’ struggles in syncing iPods with iTunes 9.

However in fairness I haven't had any major problems with my 6th Gen Classic or 4th gen Nano, although I'm finding that iTunes 9 seems to be very slow opening up and scrolling through my music collection compared to the previous versions.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 13
well... i still don't know what caused it, but i figured out how to fix it.

with my iPod plugged into my computer, i checked the track info on each of the missing artists... and what i found is that for some reason, under Options, "Part of a compilation" was checked as "yes." so that's why the albums still showed up under albums, but there was no artist listing.

once i changed the compilation selection to "no," the artists showed up again. problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back