Ipod Touch 2G LOD not working.
Oct 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wzOlt

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So I was trying to build my first LOD for Ipod Touch 2G MB531BT that I have. Soldered everything the way it supposed to be acording the connector pinout and the thing doesn't work. Tried to swap the cables from 1-30 to 30-1 as I thought I got the thing done in reverse, but still no dice.

The thing is when I hook it up when the device if turned off, and turn it on, aaand when it boots up, the thing is all frozen. Can't unlock, nothing. Sleep button doesn't work. Completly frozen. Only way to restart it is by holding sleep+home button for 10s...

When I plug it in when the device is running it becomes all laggy and cant even play a single song just hangs there.

Maybe its because I have a JB iOS 4.1 on it?

Can you guys can sugest something?

Here's a few pics on how I soldered it. Sorry for crappy angles....

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 4
bump 
confused.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 4
From your outside pic, the pins agree with the orientation of my LOD.  I have the standard IOS 4.x on my ITouch 2G, so I can't vouch for that part of your system.

Have you checked the connectivity with a DVM?

Do you get connections between each pin of the dock and the correct band of the plug on the other end of the cable?

Have you verified that none of the pins are shorted to each other?

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Yea just to give an update. The whole thing actually worked in the first place. I tested it with my mates iphone and it worked perfectly. Apearently the custom firmware was the problem as when i restored it to original it worked on mine aswel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back