Ipod Nano sound quality???
Oct 9, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #121 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
Well, that does it! An American corporation concentrating on its bottom line. What's next, capitalism? And all this time I thought my VBR rips were playing perfectly well, but now I learn that Apple's been tricking me all along. It's not just me that's being tricked either. How about all those lemmings that keep Apple number one in the customer satisfaction ratings? They can't even come up with plastic that can't be scratched. Boy, does that make me mad!

I wonder what they're going trick us with on the 12th. Personally, I can't wait to find out.

Um, I don't want to start a debate about this, but we do live in a capitalist society.

Oct 9, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #123 of 132
The more I listen to my nano, the more I don't like the sound.

It irritates me for some reason.. I end up skipping track after track because it just doesn't sound right.. you know what I think Apple's done with this? I think they've geared it towards rock, because Pink Floyd sounds good with it, but any of my electronic/acid jazz/downtempo/etc kind of music just doesn't very good. Everything about it just sounds off.

The Shuffle still sounds much better than the nano. I'm kinda disappointed now..

Oct 10, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #124 of 132
Just got the Nano for the Mrs and i have to say im impressed especially thro the Shure E4's and even more so thro the PA2V2 amp. Not in the same league as the Karma but my god its not a kick in the backside off,lacks the bass of the Karma imho.

As for portability and looks is there anything as good ???

I'll stick to the Karma for now until something comes along with 40Gb HDD,Karma sound, Nano looks and size and pinch a listen every now an then to her Nano.

Oct 10, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #125 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Um, I don't want to start a debate about this, but we do live in a capitalist society.

Um, my entire post was satirical, Sarge. I think your BS meter may need calibrating. For example:

-I've been a rather successful capitalist for nearly half a century. Despite its excesses, I wouldn't want to live under any other system.

-Apple scores at the top of the customer satisfaction ratings for one reason: It deserves to be there.

-No one makes a plastic that doesn't scratch. Some formulations are more easily scratched than others, but there is no consumer grade plastic that is impervious to scratching.

-I have played VBR rips on every iPod generation, including the Nano, with no problems whatever. Obviously, the problem--if there is one--isn't universal.

Some of my posts are "tongue-in-cheek," and I'm always amused when even the most outlandish are taken literally. Let me assure you that, despite my earlier claim to the contrary, I've never actually presided over the "Appalachian Snake Handler's Guild," or been seized by fits of glossolalia. That was an allusion to cults, an appellation often scurrilously applied to those of us--the unthinking masses--who worship at the alter of Apple.
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #126 of 132
Quote:

Some of my posts are "tongue-in-cheek," and I'm always amused when even the most outlandish are taken literally. Let me assure you that, despite my earlier claim to the contrary, I've never actually presided over the "Appalachian Snake Handler's Guild," or been seized by fits of glossolalia. That was an allusion to cults, an appellation often scurrilously applied to those of us--the unthinking masses--who worship at the alter of Apple.
tongue.gif

You're damn right you haven't presided over the Appalachian Snake Handler's Guild. We've been a communist organization since our founding in 1934, and don't care one bit for your capitalist ideals!

Oct 10, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #127 of 132
I had a feelin' all my hallylewyers were a fallin' on deef ears. I do miss all that dancin' and shoutin', but I can shore do without that dadburned hissin'!

Say, do yall need a real good jug player?

Oct 11, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #130 of 132
Quote:

Um, my entire post was satirical, Sarge. I think your BS meter may need calibrating. For example:

-I've been a rather successful capitalist for nearly half a century. Despite its excesses, I wouldn't want to live under any other system.

-Apple scores at the top of the customer satisfaction ratings for one reason: It deserves to be there.

-No one makes a plastic that doesn't scratch. Some formulations are more easily scratched than others, but there is no consumer grade plastic that is impervious to scratching.

-I have played VBR rips on every iPod generation, including the Nano, with no problems whatever. Obviously, the problem--if there is one--isn't universal.

tongue.gif

LMAO, do you have to take me so seriously?

Oct 11, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #131 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
LMAO, do you have to take me so seriously?

Babe, I don't even take myself seriously.
k1000smile.gif

Sincerely,

Alfred E. Newman aka Somber Sam

Oct 11, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #132 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant of doom
My iPod got nicked a couple of weeks ago, and I can't decide between the nano and iAudio's X5.
all the references until now were between different generations of pods. could someone draw any parallels between the nano and other mp3 players (namely the X5 and some of the iRivers), mainly sound quality-wise?

-Jonathan

Just from a brief audition of an imported Nano vs. iRiverH10, the iRiver is better. More ballanced. Other than that the H10 has considerably more features (user replacible batt. FM radio with recording, more storage, user adjustable eq.). I just can't convince myself that looks is that important to replace all other advantages found on other players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back