Ipod Line Out
Nov 1, 2004 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TWIFOSP

Headphoneus Supremus
There have been a couple threads on this, so I apologize for posting again but I didn't really get a clear answer from search.

Are there any other line out solutions to the 4g iPod aside form pocketdock?

I've heard some meh things about the pocketdock, but never what specificially is wrong with it.

What are my options for lineout on the go?

Nov 1, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 9
Pocket Dock, Sik Din, Apple dock. Those are the only options available, they all do the same thing.

Nov 1, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan
Pocket Dock, Sik Din, Apple dock. Those are the only options available, they all do the same thing.

Which is better, the pocketdock or the sik din?

Nov 1, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 9
Personally I use the Sik Din, there would be no sound difference between the two I would imagine. The Pocketdock is smaller, and the Sik Din uses the side locks like an Apple cable, while the Pocketdock does not. I bought the Sik Imp so I could have a car charger as well.

Nov 1, 2004 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I am pleased with my PocketDock with Line Out. That is doesn't snap securely into place like the Sik Din hasn't proven to be a problem (that is, it hasn't tended to fall out). I prefer its smaller design, though check the manufacturer's website (www.sendstation.com) for iPod cases that are compatible.

Nov 1, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 9
I use the PocketDock with Line Out as well. I use it with my iPod Mini. I have not experienced any problems with the PocketDock not "snapping" in place like the Apple dock connector that comes with the iPod. It doesn't actually snap in place, but it doesn't come out easily. Before I purchased the PocketDock, I had read rumors on Head-Fi about audio problems with the PocketDock but I suspected they were just rumors and I've had not a single problem.

I chose the PocketDock over the Sik Din because the Sik has two cables hanging from it at all times (one for FireWire and one for line out audio) regardless of what you're using it for. With the PocketDock, you only plug in the cable you need.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Although I use the pocketdock with my 3gen ipod with no complaints, there are noise issues with the 4gen ipod line. Sik Din would then be the way to go.

Nov 1, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Although I use the pocketdock with my 3gen ipod with no complaints, there are noise issues with the 4gen ipod line. Sik Din would then be the way to go.

D'oh, theres the specificity I was looking for. I *just* ordered a pocketdock like 45 minutes ago
wink.gif
Mainly because the Sik Din was on backorder...

Hrm, any other 4g owners notice said line noise? Line noise and line hiss bugs me
frown.gif

A couple guys mentioned no issues with the pocket dock line noise... hrm were you guys 4g or 3g owners?

Yarggh... why do we audiophiles have to be so damn picky. I wish I could just stop caring sometimes
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back