iPod/IPhone battery behavior--locked vs. turned off
Apr 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lunatique

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a question that I can't find any answer to, no matter how I googled. 

Basically, my portable source is the iPhone and iPod Touch. I usually use them at set times during the day--for a morning session, then, in the evening before going to bed. The rest of the time I don't use them. 

My question is, during the hours I don't use them, is it better to turn them off completely, or leave them on in locked mode? I can't really tell which one drains the battery more--they seem pretty close (although I haven't done precise measurements on this). D

Does anyone know which drains the battery more? Logic would dictate that turned off is better, but does turning off and on drain the battery faster than idling in locked mode?

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I've found that turning it completely off is worth it only if I'm not using my current iPhone (previous iPod) for more than 1 day. Other than that, from experience, locking it will drain maybe 5% tops leaving it for an extended amount of time, not enough to worry about battery life.

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 4
I never turn my touch off. I just let it go to lock mode.

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 4
I never turn my Touch 4g off....it only gets turned off when there is an iOS update and it restarts....lol.
As long as you close all running apps, and the wifi and screen are off, there's barely any draw on the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back