iPod Dock/Cradle
Jan 5, 2011 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cdis99

100+ Head-Fier

I originally had this question posted in the music section, but I was redirected here and hopefully I'll get some opinions.

Pretty self explanatory. Looking for a good dock/cradle for my iPod touch 2nd gen.

I was looking at this, but it doesn't have a line out. I don't necessarily NEED a line out (which is why I was considering that dock), but it would be a nice feature.

Not really looking to spend more than 30 bucks.

Cheers.

beerchug.gif

EDIT: Did a decent amount of research with the search function, but I couldn't find anything that suited my needs. I also read about turbodocks, but it doesn't seem as if Turbo is around anymore to make me one. Can anyone confirm this?

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I use apple's component dock and it functions the same way as other higher cost docs. 
Sound quality is excellent!  btw, that ipod (5.5G) runs ROXBOX and flac files.  I got rid of the doc this tube amp came with as it added a tonne of noise. Yup, this is a VUUM amp that I modded.  
Mods are :  New silver RF copper sheilded stranded speaker wire and an apple doc instead of the one it came with. I also am using Cambridge Audio S30 speakers.  Stock ones = absolute garbage.  
I also re-soldered the ground to the internal PSU and then made an extra case ground.  Result = overall much better sound quality    
beyersmile.png
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back