IPOD DEAL
Oct 9, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 19
A guy says its still in shrink wrap 5.5 Gen Pirate on the box right? He won it or something has no reciept. Found him online. Going to meet him locally to pick up in person White 30gb 5.5 sounded good he started at 225.

You thing i should do it? It would be 263.00 including tax.

Oct 9, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 19
DON'T BUY IT! SCAM. a few years ago fox channel did a hidden camera bust of a man selling ipods (still shrink wrapped) at ridiculous prices on new york streets. the report bought one, took it to the next street, opened it up and it was a brick inside. shrink wraps are very easy to get, and can fool a lot of people. no reciepts no nothing. can't be trusted. you don't even know him. for 250USD you can get 30gb ipod new from the apple store.

Oct 9, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghopper
DON'T BUY IT! SCAM. a few years ago fox channel did a hidden camera bust of a man selling ipods (still shrink wrapped) at ridiculous prices on new york streets. the report bought one, took it to the next street, opened it up and it was a brick inside. shrink wraps are very easy to get, and can fool a lot of people. no reciepts no nothing. can't be trusted. you don't even know him. for 250USD you can get 30gb ipod new from the apple store.

I am suspect but I will have him open the box while I am there. I am meeting him a local mall (plenty of people around). Also have his phone number? and a umass email address????

Am i missing something else.

Oct 9, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 19
it was as pomised unopened 5.5 gen 30gb. I opened before I paid. Untouched?

can I get a applecare on it?

I know there are a lot of scams but this guy just wanted to get rid of it lucky me

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #13 of 19
This thread ended in a much more positive manner than I expected.
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 19
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is wasnt like I met the guy on the street offering 185 Ipod

He was on craigslist so I emailed him settled on a price and met him in person no shipping etc.......

Nice IPOD!!!!!!!

Cant wait for my triple.fi's and my hornet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back