iPod classic- Where's it headed?
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Noyan

New Head-Fier
I find all of my friends have touches nowadays and this is the first in 9 years that Apple hasn't updated their ipod classic line. What do you all think? Is it getting the axe?

Personally I love the classic. I still have my 60gb 5th gen video. I couldn't care less about video and video games. I'd much rather prefer my whole library in my pocket rather than a tiny screen to browse internet, watch movies, and play games with.. If they axe the classic, the ipod with the largest storage space will be the 64gb touch going at $399 ... that's ridiculous compared to a $230 ipod classic with twice the storage space. Anyway I've been reading a lot of speculation on this lately and was wondering what you guys think. Axe, upgrade to flash, more space? Anyone else prefer the classic?

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I find all of my friends have touches nowadays and this is the first in 9 years that Apple hasn't updated their ipod classic line. What do you all think? Is it getting the axe?

Personally I love the classic. I still have my 60gb 5th gen video. I couldn't care less about video and video games. I'd much rather prefer my whole library in my pocket rather than a tiny screen to browse internet, watch movies, and play games with.. If they axe the classic, the ipod with the largest storage space will be the 64gb touch going at $399 ... that's ridiculous compared to a $230 ipod classic with twice the storage space. Anyway I've been reading a lot of speculation on this lately and was wondering what you guys think. Axe, upgrade to flash, more space? Anyone else prefer the classic?

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd take the classic over the 64GB Touch....my lossy library would fit with room to spare. But  Touch to play with could be fun too. So maybe the best solution would be to have both, if you have the $$$.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:

Quote:

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd take the classic over the 64GB Touch....my lossy library would fit with room to spare. But  Touch to play with could be fun too. So maybe the best solution would be to have both, if you have the $$$.
smile_phones.gif

I have the Classic, a 5th gen iPod converted to iMod, Nano and Touch and they all serve different purposes.  The Touch I don't even have much music loaded but a lot of apps for notes, tiny spreadsheets etc; stuff for reminders I can carry in my pocket.  Classic and iMod are used for serious listening and the Nano for gym and working on boats and garden.  Bought Nano used so when it gets filled with dirt or sawdust I can toss and get another

Users who are viewing this thread

Back