Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Sep 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #1,381 of 3,645
I'm not sure if it's the same kind of USB problem everyone is talking about, but on my Windows 7 64bit laptop, the rockboxed ipod sometimes does not get recognized and I have to reboot the ipod for it to connect.

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,384 of 3,645
Quote:

Great! So now the yellow led is for the custom x-feed and the red "m" for the Meyer x-feed?

Indeed. Generally I prefer a good Custom setting to the Meier setting - hence I kept the matching yellow LED for Custom. If you use this two color switch then the 'dB/Mr/Cm' switch becomes less important. It doesn't hurt but it is also easy to change back to just 'dB' according to my earlier post if you so desire.

Lots of options to choose from. :)

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #1,385 of 3,645
Quote:

Indeed. Generally I prefer a good Custom setting to the Meier setting - hence I kept the matching yellow LED for Custom. If you use this two color switch then the 'dB/Mr/Cm' switch becomes less important. It doesn't hurt but it is also easy to change back to just 'dB' according to my earlier post if you so desire.

Lots of options to choose from. :)

Thanks! Your tweaks are great! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #1,386 of 3,645
Well my 240gb 7th classic iPod has been sitting and collecting dust. I have fallen in love with the smart playlist on iTunes. I can randomly fill albums. And I refresh it every week. Going back and forth with my two 160 6th classics. I have favorite playlists for all the different genres and types. Like my favorite Top bands of all. Top European, Top Female Fronted, Top Metal, Top Thrash/Speed Metal, Top Death Metal. etc... So I tell it to sync those every time. Which pretty much they are permanent on both iPods. Then I fill the rest of the iPod with my smart playlist. Also every time I change something in iTunes. It will automatically adjust and change in the playlist. That is one of the things I like about it. It thinks on it own some what. Not to go off subject, just wanted to share with all of you.

I still will use my 240gb here in the future. I am just taking a break from filling it with what I really want. And I have a lot of music. A little over 360gbs to be exact. And I still am looking into making a custom 320gb iPod. And will tell more, if I make a break through. I just have other pressing things going on. Also with my iPod, iPhone flipping and fixing. And with my work schedule, I have a lot on my plate. Will keep you posted.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,388 of 3,645
putente, unfortunately it takes a couple of seconds for crossfeed to kick in. That's Rockbox. Once you make a change from the Quickmenu, be sure to push the centre button and exit right away. However there is still the slight delay.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #1,389 of 3,645
Quote:
putente, unfortunately it takes a couple of seconds for crossfeed to kick in. That's Rockbox. Once you make a change from the Quickmenu, be sure to push the centre button and exit right away. However there is still the slight delay.

I see... That method you describe makes it a bit faster, but still not as fast as I wanted! Rockbox for the Classic isn't perfect yet, but it's real close! 
biggrin.gif

Still, thank you very much for your help, Mr. Rockbox Oracle aka cooperpwc... 
beerchug.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #1,391 of 3,645
Quote:
Seriously, putente, aroldan actually programs and compiles this stuff. I just tinker around the edges. But thank you. We have a good community in this thread and I am glad to be part of it.

Yes, me too! I have to kindly sugest aroldan if he can look into this x-feed delay matter... 
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #1,392 of 3,645
Quote:

Yes, me too! I have to kindly sugest aroldan if he can look into this x-feed delay matter... 
wink.gif

Off course!

Quote:
Seriously, putente, aroldan actually programs and compiles this stuff. I just tinker around the edges. But thank you. We have a good community in this thread and I am glad to be part of it.

The real credit is the Rockbox team. I just put it together and try to optimize it for headfiers 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #1,394 of 3,645
My ipod classic 7g is losing a lot of its battery charge between reboots. That is, when the player gets switched off by itself after idle timeout after playing an album it only retains 10-20% of its battery after switching it on again. This has been happening since the day i installed rockbox. Any fix for this? Also where is the page on the rockbox website where i can download latest builds for the 7g? I looked for it a lot but couldnt find. I have assumed so far that the rockbox zip file for 7g is just named 'rockbox-ipodclassic' and that for 6g is 'rockbox-ipod6g'.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #1,395 of 3,645
Quote:
My ipod classic 7g is losing a lot of its battery charge between reboots. That is, when the player gets switched off by itself after idle timeout after playing an album it only retains 10-20% of its battery after switching it on again. This has been happening since the day i installed rockbox. Any fix for this? Also where is the page on the rockbox website where i can download latest builds for the 7g? I looked for it a lot but couldnt find. I have assumed so far that the rockbox zip file for 7g is just named 'rockbox-ipodclassic' and that for 6g is 'rockbox-ipod6g'.

But after you switch it on again, and it has those 10-20% of battery, after a bit of using it doesn't the battery show more charge again? I'm looking for aroldan's Dropbox folder link that contains all his RB builds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back